The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bose S1 Pro
George Seymour

Notown, Vermont, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2019 7:14 am    

At the sake of “another” steel guitar amplifier, I had two back to back gigs yesterday and just kinda dreaded lugging my traditional amp set up, because of the short time constraints (mostly LW89 and PF350, 400) so I at the last minute I plugged into a single Bose S1 Pro speaker. I bought two of these for a bluegrass ensemble that I’m also working with. Bose tends to be in my mind trendy and expensive by name...but they do produce very fine audio performance. They weigh 15 pounds) battery powered (supposed to last 11 hours on a charge) and AC powered as well. I have a set of mini stands and just set one up behind me with Bose about 5 feet high...blown away how good it sounded. They are very versatile and won’t get into all the functions but they are pretty darn clever in what they do. Second gig at Nectars is a big night club and there is a line out the sound guy plugged into and was told me steel sounded excellent, which you all know is speculative, but didn’t hear it sucked so...all battery powered ..( think about it working steel players now where can I plug in on a hectic stage..familiar?) Anyway pretty cool gear..I know I like hearing things like this so here it is

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/portable_pa_speakers/s1_pro_system.html?mc=25_PS_BD_BO_TB_GO&gclid=Cj0KCQiA68bhBRCKARIsABYUGieybXTU515xjWshYD77x1PoodXIbRYsCEmT3e6dINCiU8XJOa3Q9NAaAkqWEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2019 6:24 am    

George, sound like a good rig. What are you running in front of it? Mickey Adams was using the QSC K12s and it sounded great.

George Seymour

Notown, Vermont, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2019 7:46 am    

Hello Larry,
First gig was small après ski thing with a small Yamaha for PA for vocals and acoustic guitar. My steel thru the S1. Second gig was a big night club with built in stuff all industrial pro grade equip... we were a two hour warm up for the crowd.. dash in and dash out is why I tried the S1 Bose. I've got formidable tube stuff that is superb sounding... but when my ambition wanes...these things have no right to sound this good for the size and what they are. Just thought some would like to hear my experience with something that was really unexpected.. hah due to my lack of lugging ambition at times Smile turns out to be a handy piece of equipment to have in my tool box with as much music as I play. Later! Oh PS: these things got built in reverb that also don't sound horrible...pot pedal play steel most anywhere.. plenty of nut.. and the Bose array technology throws sound equally to front row as I does 75 feet away.. kind of interesting ok now going to make some cords Smile and maybe change string for tonight..