The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Leslie pedal, a new contender: NUX Roctary
Godfrey Arthur

3rd Rock
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2019 12:03 pm    

Mike Bacciarini wrote:
We've kind of gotten away from the NUX Roctary, but here's my 2 cents.

A half-moon on the steel is so convenient.

Yup Mike, the "halfmoon" on the rail or even a foot switch is the way to go for rotary control.

This would be closer to the real thing as a halfmoon the CU-1 for controlling a Leslie sim.

This Hammond-Suz switch will control a Vent's chorale, tremolo and brake function.

Mike Bacciarini

Arizona
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2019 1:55 pm    

Hey Godfrey, you're right about a genuine brown Half-moon having the "cool factor". I decided on the Ashby 2-way w/o the Stop position, because when I'm in "B3 mode", I want that thing turning... not accidentally end up in Stop. I seem to remember the Ashby's were a little less expensive than the real McCoys. And Bruce shipped it with a high quality 6' TRS cable included. The standard foot operated Neo remote does the same thing, but my feet are a little busy as it is. Very easy to hit a chord then change speed with a flip of the right thumb. Just talking about it makes me want to leave the office and go home to play some! One of these days I'll get around to posting what (little) I can do in pedal steel/B3 world. Thanks for all of your input and insights... I always learn something.
MCI Arlington S-10 3+5, George L E-66, BJS & Emmons bars, Fender Princeton 65W, Fender Satellite SFX, custom FX rack, 1983 Dobro 60D, SX-8 lap steel, Martin D16GT, Ibanez AS73, 1978 Rickenbacker 4000 custom.

Godfrey Arthur

3rd Rock
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2019 2:23 pm    

Mike Bacciarini wrote:
Hey Godfrey, you're right about a genuine brown Half-moon having the "cool factor". I decided on the Ashby 2-way w/o the Stop position, because when I'm in "B3 mode", I want that thing turning... not accidentally end up in Stop. I seem to remember the Ashby's were a little less expensive than the real McCoys. And Bruce shipped it with a high quality 6' TRS cable included. The standard foot operated Neo remote does the same thing, but my feet are a little busy as it is. Very easy to hit a chord then change speed with a flip of the right thumb. Just talking about it makes me want to leave the office and go home to play some! One of these days I'll get around to posting what (little) I can do in pedal steel/B3 world. Thanks for all of your input and insights... I always learn something.

You're welcome Mike!

Bruce Wahler has been making clone accessories for a while now over at Ashby Solutions.

http://music.ashbysolutions.com/moon.htm

The CU-1 is about $190. A Leslie rail switch is not cheap and the real bakelite versions are more expensive and less sturdy.

If the switch tip tends to fly off when you get to slamming the rotor action, put a tiny dab of silicone glue on the metal shaft that holds the plastic tip.

It should stay put without being on there permanently.

Mike Bacciarini

Arizona
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2019 5:01 pm    

Thanks Godfrey. Bruce included an extra knob too, but your tip about the silicon is a great idea!
MCI Arlington S-10 3+5, George L E-66, BJS & Emmons bars, Fender Princeton 65W, Fender Satellite SFX, custom FX rack, 1983 Dobro 60D, SX-8 lap steel, Martin D16GT, Ibanez AS73, 1978 Rickenbacker 4000 custom.

William Gallagher

California, USA
Post  Posted 5 May 2021 10:58 am    

Hi Mike, I'm replying to an old post so not sure if you are still online. I see from your pic you are running the B9 in front of the NeoVent II. That's what I use with average results. Are you still using that setup? I've been trying to get a Hammond/Leslie-type sound for years. Thanks! Best, Kevin