The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Meeting a Legend
Neal Vosberg

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 27 Dec 2018 4:51 am    

In the better late than never category, I'd like to share an incredible experience I had last year. I'd always looked up to Dan Dugmore and his playing so on a whim I decided to see if I could try and contact him. I found what I thought was his email, and sent him a message with zero expectations. Weeks went by and one day I get an email back. "Neal, its Dan. What are you doing next Friday?"

Long story short, we went out to get some barbeque and talked of steel, Linda Rondstadt and Sneaky Pete. Afterwards as we were leaving, he invited me to a studio next door and showed me his whole rig. The Show Pro and all the bells and whistles. The black Les Paul Custom was sitting in its stand behind him.

About a week later I called him with a question about tuning and he called back and explained everything. At that point i felt i had worn out my welcome and let the man be.

My hat is off to Dan. Great player, great man.

Ron Hogan

Nashville, TN, usa
Post  Posted 27 Dec 2018 5:45 am    

Nice story Neal.

K Maul

Hadley, NY/Hobe Sound, FL
Post  Posted 27 Dec 2018 7:03 am    

I met Dan a few times shortly after he moved to Nashville. He was always very friendly and forthcoming with info if I had questions. Never had BBQ with him,though. Didn’t think of that,darn!
Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Decophonic, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Webb, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.

Neal Vosberg

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 27 Dec 2018 7:16 am    

Then there was the time I met Ron Hogan...yikes