The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  More PP's heading to the NW
Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 17 Dec 2018 9:13 am    

Well a young PP player wanted to have a 2nd PP, he is really hooked. Another pro player in Washington state has the itch, we have been talking about it for several years, he scratched the itch and for Christmas well you get the story!!!

It is not in the mechanics because all other modern day guitars play much better. It is not in the "beauty" because you can not beat and old ZB. It is not in the weight because a Carter will tip the scale the other way.

2 major guitar MFGs told me their goal back in the day was to sound like a PP, I once owned the guitar from the shop of one of them. I sat in a room with a PP on one side and a %$#@ on the other listening, of the other one.

It must be the......

They are not for everyone, no one item out there is. Look at tuners, effects, amps, seats, bars, speakers etc, the list is endless and more coming everyday.

But to those few brave men and women who stike out on their own with wrenches in hand, ready to take on the world and spread the joy, I say carry on and hold your heads up proud, be a PP snob, ask not what your country can do for you but....

Phone: 971-219-8533

Skip Edwards

LA,CA
Post  Posted 17 Dec 2018 9:22 am    

"ask not what your p/p can do for you, but..."
Makes me feel absolutely patriotic about my 74 satin rosewood fatback...
Testify, Larry...

Barry Blackwood

Post  Posted 17 Dec 2018 9:23 am    

Dave Burton

Richland,Wa. USA
Post  Posted 17 Dec 2018 12:23 pm    

This is what I love about the Steel Guitar..we are constantly evolving...into what not sure...but that carrot is getting closer...thanks my friend Larry Behm!

Russ Tkac

Post  Posted 17 Dec 2018 1:21 pm    

I had a nice 71 D-10. Shame on me for letting it go.

Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 17 Dec 2018 2:31 pm    

Russ, it might have been because your ZB sounded the best. No offense intended to PP owners, but ZB pedal steels sound better

Russ Tkac

Post  Posted 17 Dec 2018 2:59 pm    

No doubting the tone of my ZB and also because I got it from Chuck McGill, God rest his soul, but my PP was a great sounding and playing steel and I miss it. I think I got rid of it was because they have such a good resale value you can always do good when selling one and at the time selling was important. Good to hear from you Duncan. Smile

Bryan Daste

Portland, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 17 Dec 2018 6:47 pm    

Love this, LB!

Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2018 12:01 pm    

I checked in with both of these young rascals and they had smiles for miles, joy with their toy.....

Phone: 971-219-8533