The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  MSA Universal S12 SOLD
Chuck Hamilton

Flower Mound, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2018 9:59 am    

1979 MSA Vintage XL universal tuning E9/B6 12 string, lacquer. Only 4 of these were ever made. Designed and built by Bud Carter. 2 of them were sold and Maurice Anderson kept 2 of them. This is one of the ones Maurice had. The previous owner still has the emails from Maurice verifying this. The guys at MSA told me this was the guitar Maurice used for his cover page picture for Steel Guitarist Magazine in January 1979 (Cover of magazine shown below).

This guitar is rock solid, pedals hold their tuning like you wouldn't believe, sounds great. Previous owner played steel for the band "1100 Springs" and says he played a lot of gigs with it. He bought the guitar in 2006 and says that before that, it basically sat in its case for 20-some odd years unplayed. I've had it for just over 1 year, had Mitchell Smithey at MSA tune it up, and it been sitting in my house since then.

The guitar has a normal amount of imperfections for a guitar of its vintage, I think the pictures show them pretty well but it's in very good shape and looks and plays great. Copedent is pretty easy to change and is shown below. Case is old and not pretty to look at, but functional, and is included.

Price $1,850 buyer pays shipping. contact via email at chuck@chlegal.com.

Last edited by Chuck Hamilton on 19 Dec 2018 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Paul Blakely

New Zealand
Post  Posted 19 Dec 2018 2:02 am     Msa

I’ll take it Chuck love it