The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New bar size from BJS bars
Dave Stroud

Texas
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2018 2:46 pm    

Ok, here's the deal.... I just spent 30 min typing up a nice long review and experience I've had. But technology has robbed that comment LOL, so here's the quick version for now and I'll add details another time:

BJS has a new bar size- 4 in long, 7/8" wide, 9.1 oz.

If you are particularly tall or have large hands- you very likely need this bar.

I'll post comparison pictures when I recieve mine

I'm a hair under 6'4", and I have average-to-small hands for my height. This is the only bar on the market long enough to properly fit in my hand.

There's a limited quantity currently available, and I just put in an order for two of them last night.

Dale Foreman

Crowley Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2018 6:09 pm     BJS ba

Sasquatch ain't got nothing on me! I'm interested!

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2018 5:36 am     Re: New bar size from BJS bars

Dave Stroud wrote:
Ok, here's the deal.... I just spent 30 min typing up a nice long review and experience I've had. But technology has robbed that comment LOL, so here's the quick version for now and I'll add details another time:

BJS has a new bar size- 4 in long, 7/8" wide, 9.1 oz.

If you are particularly tall or have large hands- you very likely need this bar.

I'll post comparison pictures when I recieve mine

I'm a hair under 6'4", and I have average-to-small hands for my height. This is the only bar on the market long enough to properly fit in my hand.

There's a limited quantity currently available, and I just put in an order for two of them last night.

Dave, THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS!!!! I almost ordered a 3.75 or whatever the other longest BJS is. A 4” would be even BETTER!!!
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2018 5:39 am    

I’m 6’ tall but I have size 13 EEE or even 4E feet and hands to match. I gotta go get one of these!
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!