Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Scheerhorn solid mahogoney dobro,now $2200 SOLD
Steven Finley

California, USA
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2018 1:08 pm    

Mint condition not a mark on the guitar or case
would pass for new,$ 2500.00 your welcome to come over
play it and see it in person.there is a video up this guitar being played go to Mahogany scheerhorn demo
Whiskey before breakfest/pickaway on you tube,wilconsider reasonable offers. HOW ABOUT $2200.00
[img]

[/img]
[img]

[/img]

[img]

[/img]

[img]
[/img]
[img]

[/img]

Last edited by Steven Finley on 26 Jan 2019 8:50 pm; edited 7 times in total

Steven Finley

California, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2018 2:16 pm    

ttt

Steven Finley

California, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2018 2:17 pm    

any reasonable offers??????

Steven Finley

California, USA
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2018 10:40 am    

Its now $2200.00 folks you can save right at $800
buying yhis as opposed to a brand new one, and this is so mint it will pass for new. u.s. built excellance.

Steven Finley

California, USA
Post  Posted 12 Dec 2018 11:26 am    

ttt

Steven Finley

California, USA
Post  Posted 17 Dec 2018 10:39 am    

do I hear any offers ??????

Steven Finley

California, USA
Post  Posted 17 Dec 2018 10:40 am    

bump it up please

Chris Boyd

Leonia,N.J./Charlestown,R.I.
Post  Posted 17 Dec 2018 11:05 am    

You might want to post some photos if you can Steve..

Steven Finley

California, USA
Post  Posted 25 Dec 2018 1:15 pm    

bump

Drew Howard

Post  Posted 25 Dec 2018 1:39 pm    

[url]
[/url]

Dean Holman

Branson MO
Post  Posted 25 Dec 2018 11:27 pm    

I'm really surprised this hasn't sold. For those of you that don't know where these guitars originated, master luthier Tim Scheerhorn designed these guitars. These guitars became so popular that Tim Scheerhorn was 4 1/2 years back ordered and cost 6000.00 for one. Tim Scheerhorn is somewhat semi-retired, he no longer takes orders and hasn't for several years now. He now builds just a few guitars a year that he calls his wishlist guitars. The guitars he builds now are more customized guitars built out of different woods rather than the standard woods he used to use. He has a list of customers that are willing to pay over 10000.00 or more for these guitars. Tim, knowing that a lot of people can't or don't want to spend that kind of money, wanted a product that people could buy that was less expensive and wouldn't take over 4 years to get one, he worked out a deal with the National company to build these guitars. I personally know Tim Scheerhorn and know for a fact, that he would not have let just any company build his guitars, they had to be very reputable and pay very close attention to detail as per Tim's instructions. These are Scheerhorn guitars built to the same specs as Tim's guitars. The only thing different is National uses their own spiders which is what the saddle bridges are inserted in. My honest opinion, I tend to like the #14 spider which is what Tim and most resophonic builders use. That is an easy fix and don't cost that much to replace. 2200.00 is an incredible buy for this guitar. In my opinion, your saving thousands and a lengthy wait time to have one of these superior guitars. I felt like I should give a little history on these guitars. I'm sure there are some of you that are familiar with the history, but I know there are a lot of people that aren't. You won't go wrong with these guitars and for 2200.00 you definitely won't go wrong with this one.

Steven Finley

California, USA
Post  Posted 26 Dec 2018 8:57 pm    

Thanks for the kind words Dean,you explained it
perfect, and happy holidays to you.

Dag Wolf

Bergen, Norway
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2018 1:50 pm    

Steven, where in California are you located?

Thanks.
Dag

Dean Holman

Branson MO
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2018 7:22 pm    

I would also like to make a note, Steve's guitar is not a Wechter Scheerhorn. Wechter has not carried Scheerhorns for a few years. Wechters were Chinese made guitars, laminated plywood with inexpensive parts. National builds these guitars out of solid wood and quality parts, just like Tim Scheerhorn uses. Tim Scheerhorn has direct association with National to build these guitars. These are Scheerhorn guitars, just not built directly by Tim.

Mark Eaton

Sonoma County in The Great State Of Northern California
Post  Posted 29 Dec 2018 3:10 am    

As a side note, over the last few years Wechter/Scheerhorn guitars were produced, they did in fact come with Tim’s resonator cone which were spun by him.

Steven Finley

California, USA
Post  Posted 29 Dec 2018 10:21 am    

AS a side note,this guitar is not a wechter scheerhorn
IT is a REAL SCHEERHORN I BOUGHT NEW FROM ELDERLY
INTRUMENTS USA MADE I HAVE ORIGINAL RECIEPT TO BACK IT UP.

Mark Eaton

Post  Posted 29 Dec 2018 2:03 pm    

Hey Steven, I was just adding to Dean’s post where he was commenting about cheap parts on the Wechter/Scheerhorn, and I wrote that those guitars in fact came with Scheerhorn cones for a number of years prior to Wechter going out of business. Just setting the facts straight. That’s all. Go back and read Dean’s post and then mine instead of getting defensive.

I know exactly what these National Scheerhorns are. I have played about 15 of them. And a little over a year ago I was given a very nice tour of National Reso-Phonic in San Luis Obispo and played a couple prototypes of new models when I was there.

We’re just trying to help you out here.

Steven Finley

California, USA
Post  Posted 29 Dec 2018 5:43 pm    

mark, no defence or insult intended,just wanting to make sure people knew the difference between a wechter
and a national built scheerhorn.

Dean Holman

Branson MO
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2018 6:32 pm    

I thought I had mentioned about the cones on Wechter, I guess I didn't. Yes, wechter did have Scheerhorn cones in them. They were the only quality American made part maybe with the exception of the saddles and bone nut. The Wechters were made in China and all the parts and setup done at Wechter. The reason I brought that up was because I wanted to make sure everyone understood that Steve's guitar is a quality American made Scheerhorn, commissioned by Tim Scheerhorn to be built by the National company.

Dean Holman

Branson MO
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2018 6:42 pm    

I think what Steve might be aggravated about, is why anyone would question or insinuate that this guitar is not a Scheerhorn or somekind of Scheerhorn knockoff. I guarantee you a thousand percent, Tim would not put his name on a knockoff.

Steven Finley

California, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2019 11:14 am    

come on over view and plat it yourself.

Jack Turlington

Toccoa, GA, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2019 10:29 pm     Nice!

Wow that’s a nice guitar. I was watching the Elderly catalogs a few years ago, thinking I might spring for a Scheerhorn, when they were about $2500. Next catalog they were $3000, then $4000, then $6000! I’m not playing much bluegrass right now but this reso is very tempting.
I guess it has the internal baffle in it?
Emmons LeGrande lll 9x9, Sho-Bud Professional D10 8x5, Sho Bud S10 Professional, Excel D10 8x5, Fender Stringmaster S8, Early '50's Fender D8, GTR Banjo, Melobar Flying V, Cat Can, Hound Dog OMI Dobro, Thinline Tele, Nashville 400, PX300, Profex ll, and a boatload of harmonicas.

Mark Eaton

Post  Posted 5 Jan 2019 2:20 pm    

Jack, those prices go back to when Tim Scheerhorn was building the guitars himself as a one man operation. The demand outstripped the supply and at one point he had a waiting list of close to four years. Elderly had 2 or 3 in the order queue on an annual basis and if you were quick enough you could "get dibs" on one to reserve a place in line. Due to the demand he was raising prices on a fairly regular basis.

What Steve is selling as pointed out in earlier posts is a solid mahogany Scheerhorn which Tim designed based on his own L (Large) Body specs and entered into a contractual agreement with National here in California for their craftsmen to build. There are three production models, this mahogany is one of them. They also make customs. They do in fact come with internal baffle. Again - same design as the guitars Tim built on his own.

When Tim was building full time he had no interest in taking on employees and would average at most around 40 guitars a year.

National is anything but a "factory," I think of it still as a "shop" because the entire operation only employs around 20 people.

National owner Eric Smith told me a few years ago that in addition to the National brand guitars built, they were making about 100 or so Scheerhorns per year. They have been in production for around five years.

Steven Finley

California, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2019 4:38 pm    

Thank you mark some great history, thanks for posting.

Steven Finley

California, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2019 9:57 am    

still for sale come buy see and play for yourself.