The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Closed
Dan Beller-McKenna

Durham, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2018 7:20 am    

This is was my main gigging seat for about six years. For the past couple of years, I have been using it as my home set-up seat and taking a smaller, lighter seat to gigs that I leave packed and ready to go. I just bought a matching seat to that one so my home and gig rigs feel the same, thus I'm letting this one go.

I guess my girth took a toll on this seat,and it got pretty creaky and groany (although it never became unstable). After adding some internal bracing that didn't quiet it down as much as I wanted, I sank about a dozen and a half drywall screws through the outer walls into the floor, and that took care of the noises. As the screws are black, they're not very noticeable (they're less apparent at first sight than they appear in the pics below). I also added toothpicks to the screw holes in the upper half of the latches along the way as they had become a little loose. (I guess I'm rough on seats...)

Cushion is still very firm and upholstery is in great shape. Some scrapping and nicks in tolex as seen in pictures. Internally, I had to pull up some of the carpeting to install (and remove) the internal bracing I mentioned above. I glued it back down, but it is less that "factory-new" looking. I also had to take out one of the internal walls to deal with that removed bracing; I sank a couple more drywall screws in there to secure it after re-installation. Overall I'd give the seat a 7 out of 10 for appearance.

So, the lowdown: a perfectly decent seat with some cosmetic downside.

$125 plus shipping from 03824

Last edited by Dan Beller-McKenna on 17 Nov 2018 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Dan Beller-McKenna

Durham, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 17 Nov 2018 11:50 am    

Please close. Sold on another site.