The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Wiring diagram for zum steel
Robert Rogers

Manchester,TN
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2018 5:57 pm    

Does anybody have a wiring diagram for a zum steel guitar? I'm looking for a diagram for a d10 zum that has the single mini toggle switch. Any help and information would be greatly appreciated

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2018 7:22 pm     Wiring diagram for a Sum Steel

I would a!so like to have a diagram. The toggle switch for neck selection works fine but the tone control is totally disabled. I have the blue capicator or whatever it is. I don't know how to hook it back up so that the tone control and switch will be working again.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2018 8:02 pm    

From an earlier thread:

Jerry Overstreet wrote:
I have a diagram somewhere, but can't find it in my files right now. If you have the correct on-on-on switch, this post from a few years back should give you the info you need. I'll keep looking.

Jim Palenscar wrote:
The switch appears to be a double pole single throw(can't really tell about the single throw w/o feeling if there is a center position or not). For some reason most double pole switches with a center on (both pickups working at the same time) need to have the outside connectors wired on opposite corners to function properly with the center poles connected then to the hot part of the input jack. The grounds from each pickup should be connected to the ground of the output jack (you can tell which that is as the solder lug is connected to the sleeve of the jack).

There's also a diagram on page 17 of Mullen pdf. manual online, it does include a tone control, but you can figure out how to bypass that if you need to.

Robert Rogers

Manchester,TN
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2018 8:15 pm    

Jerry thank you so much