The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  My Omni pedal
Roger Rettig

Naples, FL
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2018 1:10 pm    

Wow! You should hear it with my Emmons and a Roland 80XL!!! An absolutely stunning improvement over my standard Goodrich!

I'm somewhat confused by the profusion of inputs but doubtless I'll work all that out in time.

Jim Palenscar

Oceanside, Calif, USA
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2018 8:23 pm    

There are 2 inputs- one on each side- which should not be used concurrently. There are also 6 outputs- 3 on each side. Jack #'s 2 and 3 are the standard outputs and #4 is the tuner out. The left side jacks parallel the right side and that design was for guitar players with pedal boards wanting unique signal routing capabilities. The other 2 smaller openings on the right side are for the supplied 9v power supply and the active/passive switch. The supplied 9v battery inside the pedal lasts greater than 1,000 hours of playing time with the input jack plugged in. The supplied short 9v patch cord is a gender changer for the power supply as we made the 9v input a positive tip and lots of folks using power supplies like a One Spot have a negative tip. Hopefully the bottom plate diagram and supplied literature helps the user understand the uses but we're always happy to help.

Roger Rettig

Naples, FL
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2018 6:06 am    

Thanks, Jim. I'm the exception these days in that I embrace new technology extremely slowly! I'm sure the information supplied with the pedal would suffice for a user of normal intelligence. It's clear that a lot of thought went into the design and that it's suitable for other applications.

I can't believe the tone I'm getting - the Roland sounds like a $2000 amplifier with the Omni in-line.

Jack Turlington

Toccoa, GA, USA
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2018 6:37 am    

Wow! I’m not familiar with an Omni pedal, but I’m interested now. What does the pedal do that would improve the tone that much?
Emmons LeGrande lll 9x9, Sho-Bud Professional D10 8x5, Sho Bud S10 Professional, Excel D10 8x5, Fender Stringmaster S8, Early '50's Fender D8, GTR Banjo, Melobar Flying V, Cat Can, Hound Dog OMI Dobro, Thinline Tele, Nashville 400, PX300, Profex ll, and a boatload of harmonicas.

Roger Rettig

Naples, FL
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2018 7:03 am    

I'm assuming that, essentially, it's the 'active' circuitry that is the major difference.

This is the first 'active' volume-pedal I've used so I don't have enough experience of them to evaluate the Omni against, say, the Hilton or the Telonics.

All I know is that I'm delighted with it.

Roger Rettig

Naples, FL
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2018 7:03 am    

I'm feeling a bit sheepish here!!!

Jim - I failed to even notice the clear and precise graphics on the underside of the actual pedal!

What can I say? I just drove 1500 miles so I'm still a bit loopy.

Roy Carroll

North of a Round Rock
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2018 7:27 am     Happy, Happy, Happy

I just received mine from Bill Ferguson last week. I took it out right away. All I can say is WOW! I can't say enough about it. I have been using a Goodrich passive pedal and a Hilton. Smoother than both. I have it in the "active" mode.
Very, Very nice and the sound is very close to a passive pot but with a cleaner overall sound, The lows are smooth and clean, nothing harsh at all! What a great piece of equipment! Bill's got the pricing correct as well.
Thanks Bill and Thanks to Goodrich!
Here is the procedure to use:
1st sell all your old VP's.
2nd contact Bill Ferguson and buy the Omni
3rd receive your Omni in about 2-3 days
4th sound better than you ever have.

Steve Cattermole

California, USA
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2018 1:09 pm    

i just tried my new Omni at a gig and all I can say is thank you Goodrich.I love it,super smooth,really easy to get used to.Makes both necks sound better,really thrilled about the bass notes on C6,they never sounded better, and the highs too. I'm using it with my Infiniti steel and Stereo Steel amp and man does it sound good.Thanks again