The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Buddy Emmons Hall Of Fame cocktail glass - pretty darn cool!
T. C. Furlong

Lake County, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2010 1:33 pm    

The drawing even has his right hand pinky extended and a bar in the left hand.

Paul E Vendemmia

Olney Maryland Mongomery
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2010 5:45 pm    

I saw Buddy Emmons at the Nashville super jam he could have used one.

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2010 5:43 pm    

I've had and still use two of those glasses since they first came out in the 70s. If I remember right, I bought them directly from Peggy in Buddy's booth at the St. Louis show.

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2010 6:48 pm    

I have one. I think Tom Bradshaw might still have a case of them somewhere.

Tom Bradshaw

Walnut Creek, California, USA
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2010 7:51 am     "Emmons" drink glasses

LOL! Yes, I do have some of these "Foremost Steel Guitar Glasses" left. They are $7.00 each (it costs about $2.50 to just ship one!). So, if anyone wants to drink from a glass that "Saturates You With Emmons' Talent" (after 4 drinks), they are available: P.O. Box 931, Concord, CA 94522.

This was one of several projects that Scotty and I lost our @#$'s on away back in the '80s or '90s. We "paid" Buddy to let us do it by giving him a bunch of the glasses, then telling him he would become a millionaire by selling them himself. I'd like to believe he did. I know we didn't! ...Tom
P.S: One complaint about the glass was about the color of the imprint. Most observers felt it should have been in black paint, not the burnt orange. What they didn't realize was that black paint was hard to read once the glass had something in it, wherease the burnt orange could still be read quite nicely. That knowledge still didn't end up selling them!

William Lake

Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2010 8:40 am    

I have seen these for sale on eBay for,I think, about $30 plus shipping. I'll try to find them and post a link.
Edit....I was wrong about the price. $50 !!!!! plus $11 shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Buddy-Emmons-PEDAL-STEEL-GUITAR-Hall-Fame-GLASS-/260633161586?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3caef26f72

Tom Bradshaw

Post  Posted 26 Nov 2010 9:10 am     Emmons' HOF Glasses

Gee. If I sell all I have, I might make as much as that eBay seller realized by selling just the 4 he had. No wonder I'll never make it as a businessman. ...Tom

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2010 11:05 am    

Tom, maybe you and Scotty should sell those glasses on eBay yourself. I know I wouldn't sell mine for any amount of money.

Ben Jones

Seattle, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2010 11:24 am     Re: "Emmons" drink glasses

Tom Bradshaw wrote:
LOL! Yes, I do have some of these "Foremost Steel Guitar Glasses" left. They are $7.00 each (it costs about $2.50 to just ship one!). So, if anyone wants to drink from a glass that "Saturates You With Emmons' Talent" (after 4 drinks), they are available: P.O. Box 931, Concord, CA 94522.

This was one of several projects that Scotty and I lost our @#$'s on away back in the '80s or '90s. We "paid" Buddy to let us do it by giving him a bunch of the glasses, then telling him he would become a millionaire by selling them himself. I'd like to believe he did. I know we didn't! ...Tom
P.S: One complaint about the glass was about the color of the imprint. Most observers felt it should have been in black paint, not the burnt orange. What they didn't realize was that black paint was hard to read once the glass had something in it, wherease the burnt orange could still be read quite nicely. That knowledge still didn't end up selling them!

I need one. Personal check okay? paypal?(my preference...I will pay the fee)

Tom if you got a bunch of other stuff like this you really should consider busting it out. I'm not exactly "young" but some of us younger guys never got a shot at this stuff the first time around and would love stuff like this.

I guess if you put a brown liqour in that glass the burnt orange print would be hard to read but that wont be a problem for me. Brown liquor makes me sicker. Oh Well

William Lake

Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2010 12:28 pm    

I would like one too and would only fill it with the finest bourbon Razz

Kevin Mincke

Farmington, MN (Twin Cities-South Metro) USA
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2010 2:21 pm    

William Lake wrote:
I have seen these for sale on eBay for,I think, about $30 plus shipping. I'll try to find them and post a link.
Edit....I was wrong about the price. $50 !!!!! plus $11 shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Buddy-Emmons-PEDAL-STEEL-GUITAR-Hall-Fame-GLASS-/260633161586?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3caef26f72

But no bids so far either...... Sad

Tom Bradshaw

Post  Posted 26 Nov 2010 3:54 pm     The Emmons' Tumbler

Hey guys. With shipping the total is $9.50 for the first glass. If you want more than just one (and I can ship them at the same time), just add $7.00 for each additional glass. Fire off a personal check to me at P.O. Box 931, Concord, CA 94522.

All the other items I sell are mentioned on my web site: http://www.songwriter.com/bradshaw/

Several years ago I donated a ton of T-shirts to the Forum. b0b has them, but I don't think he has ever advertised them as items that could be purchased through the Forum. There were a number of designs. Bug him about them if that would be an item of interest to you (and Lord knows our Forum could use the money!). ...Tom

Ben Jones

Seattle, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2010 5:52 pm     Re: The Emmons' Tumbler

Tom Bradshaw wrote:
Hey guys. With shipping the total is $9.50 for the first glass. If you want more than just one (and I can ship them at the same time), just add $7.00 for each additional glass. Fire off a personal check to me at P.O. Box 931, Concord, CA 94522.

All the other items I sell are mentioned on my web site: http://www.songwriter.com/bradshaw/

Several years ago I donated a ton of T-shirts to the Forum. b0b has them, but I don't think he has ever advertised them as items that could be purchased through the Forum. There were a number of designs. Bug him about them if that would be an item of interest to you (and Lord knows our Forum could use the money!). ...Tom

Thanks Tom. I'll send you a check for a couple glasses on monday when i get home and will check your website now for other goodies. Thanks for all youve done for the instrument over the years, and for the pot in my goodrich pedal that is still working beautifully after years of faithful service.

b0b I would love to know about them T-shirts if ya got em still. Very Happy and I will send in my submission for the forum cd monday as well. I hope you all had a nice holiday.
-Ben

Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2010 6:53 pm    

Hello Tom. I'm putting a check in the mail tomorrow for two glasses. Thanks, Duncan
Also, I too am curious about this "mysterious stash" of undefined t-shirts that b0b has stored in some unnamed warehouse in the "dodgy" section of the CLoverdale warehouse district.

Rick Abbott

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2010 8:33 pm    

Wow! I'd like one of those. The check is in the mail in the morning. Thanks for keeping them stashed.
Sho~Bud D-10 Professional #7962
Remington T-8, Wakarusa 5e3 clone
1953 Stromberg-Carlson AU-35

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2010 9:08 pm    

The T-shirts were donated to a local charity several years ago. They are gone.

Edward Meisse

Santa Rosa, California, USA
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2010 12:25 pm     Re: "Emmons" drink glasses

Tom Bradshaw wrote:

Emmons' talent after only 4 drinks!! I'm sending for one also. I can't seem to get the Emmons thing at this point no matter how much I drink.

bruce fischer

florissant, mo. 63031 USA
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2010 12:55 pm    

i still have my set of buddy cocktail glasses! (un used)

Ben Jones

Seattle, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2010 7:09 pm    

They arrived today, thanks Mr. Bradshaw!

Now a question. If I wanted to make a cocktail to honor Mr. Emmons , what would be in it? It would need to be smooth.

Chuck Hall

Warner Robins, Ga, USA
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2010 7:09 pm    

Tom
Did you get my paypal. Gonna use this one as a Christmas present. lol

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2010 8:12 pm    

wasn't buddy's lulu bucket usually filled with vodka/grapefruit juice? i could be wrong...

Ben Jones

Seattle, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2010 6:25 am    

chris ivey wrote:
wasn't buddy's lulu bucket usually filled with vodka/grapefruit juice? i could be wrong...

"lulu bucket"? Laughing thats awesome!
where'd that expression come from?

that cocktail works for me.

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2010 10:14 am    

ben...look at the cover of the 'one for the road' album..

Tom Bradshaw

Post  Posted 9 Dec 2010 10:52 am     "Foremost Glass"

Chuck. Your tumbler is on the way. If you aren't sounding just like Buddy after 4 bourbon and water's, the glass is obviously defective. ...Tom

Chuck Hall

Warner Robins, Ga, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2010 1:53 pm    

Thanks Tom

The wife said it came today.

However, I don't think there is that much booze in the world.......lol

Very Happy