The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Depression after steel guitar convention
Ron Sodos

San Antonio, Texas USA
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2006 9:46 am    

I don't usually post this type of topic but I was just wondering how many of you guys go through this kind of thing. I play with a good working band that gives me alot of respect. We also play alot of shuffles and old country that I love so I shouldn't complain. However, Ever since I started going to the conventions 2 years ago I have become a much better player. I have worked hard to learn to play intrumentals. Thanx to my guiding light "Mr Terry Bethel" and all the work i have done attempting to sound like the CD's I listen to. John Hughey, Randy Beavers, BE and all the rest inspire me to get better tone and better technique. The singers in my band are really good singers and the band works alot. The depression comes when I ask the guys in my band to work up an instrumental it falls on deaf ears and it goes nowhere. So I keep practicing at home and continue to get better but never get an opportunity to play any of the tunes I have been practicing.......

[This message was edited by Ron Sodos on 03 February 2006 at 09:48 AM.]

Larry Phleger

DuBois, PA
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2006 9:51 am    

That's how a lot of singers are. They have the Star Complex. I remember hearing somewhere that Eddy Arnold would get upset when Little Roy Wiggins would get a hand for his work on a break.