The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Lehle 90 Volume Pedal
George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2018 9:19 am    

Just got a Lehle 90 volume pedal in yesterday. I have tried every active volume pedal but they always sounded too sterile and thin to my ears. I always went back to my 120 with a vintage AB pot. This Lehle is different. More like my pot pedal, but cleaner with no tone change. I am really digging it! Built like a tank, no moving parts, and operates on magnetic technology.

If you would like to check it out, do a YouTube search for Lehle Volume Pedal 2018 NAMM show (video)

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2018 9:59 am    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BmVk25vRF4
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2018 11:59 am     Lehle 90 Volume Pedal

Thanks Greg for posting the !ink. Like everything, this pedal will not be for everyone, but for those like me, you are going to be very happy with it.

I just put my 120 pedal beside it and the Lehle is 1/2" thinner. I don't know if this qualifies it as low profile of not.

At a price of half what a Telonics costs and places that have 30 day return policy and free shipping, it is worth trying. I was able to make a phone call and get a 10% discount. My source had 4 in stock on Monday. They shipped USPS Priority Mail and I had it in two days. If you would like my source and price paid, send me a PM.

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2018 12:23 pm    

It looks like this pedal uses a hall effect sensor whose output voltage is fed to a voltage controlled amp. Modifying the voltage curve leads to multiple tapers if desired. Changing the DC offset would control the on and off points. It's be great to combine a pot pedal with this design, making it switchable so the pedal could be used even if the pot goes bad!

Quote from https://www.google.com/search?q=hall+effect+distance+sensor&ie=&oe=

"A Hall effect sensor is a transducer that varies its output voltage in response to a magnetic field. Hall effect sensors are used for proximity switching, positioning, speed detection, and current sensing applications. ... In its simplest form, the sensor operates as an analog transducer, directly returning a voltage"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger