The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal
Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2018 1:17 pm    

Since June of this year, I have sold 23 Goodrich on the volume pedals.

There must be a reason.

Interested, send me an EMAIL. bferguson1947@gmail.com

AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Last edited by Bill Ferguson on 18 Nov 2018 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dale Rottacker

Walla Walla Washington, USA
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2018 6:02 am    

One of those 14 to me... I LOVE IT!!!
*1977 Blue Sho-Bud Pro 3 Custom 8x6
https://msapedalsteels.com
http://rittenberrysteelguitars.com
https://www.telonics.com/index.php
https://www.p2pamps.com
https://www.quilterlabs.com

Kenneth Kotsay

Davie/Ft Lauderdale, Florida
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2018 11:09 am    

Why a need for a 9 volt battery???? my old Goodrich vol ped had a 9v battery which I did not enjoying changing especially during a gig and in the middle of a song/fill etc.?

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2018 11:21 am    

Kenneth,
The only time you either need a battery or a wall wart is when you have the pedal set on "active". If your battery craps on you, just change the setting on the pedal and go to passive.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2018 12:23 pm    

And remember, a new 9v battery will last for approximately 1000 hours of plugged in time.

So that is about 200 normal playing jobs.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Brad Malone

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 29 Sep 2018 3:28 pm     "on off" toggle switch

Brad Sarno put a small "On Off" toggle switch on my Free Loader...works great..you don't have to unplug the guitar cords to save the 9V battery..just throw the switch....Sarno does great work.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2018 10:45 am    

Brad, yes Brad does great work. But a Freeloader is beside you, not under your foot.

I don't know why you would want to add a switch to the OMNI. If you have to bend down to flip a switch, why not just pull the plug.
And you better have your amp off or turned down for either.

Oh and if you add a switch, your warranty is void.

So a 1000 hour battery (or even a 100 hour), for me is absolutely no trouble.

Heck, or just use the supplied AC adapter.

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2018 11:50 am    

I'd lose my warranty just for adding another hole, two wires and an on/off switch?

Next version of the pedal should add the switch or an auto shut-off if no signal is sensed and back on when the signal is sensed again.

It's a great pedal but there's always room for improvement.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2018 11:54 am    

Yep Grey you would. Just like any product that you modify while it is under warranty.

Anything you add only adds to the cost.

To my knowledge there have been ZERO complaints about the current design.

Brad Malone

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2018 4:22 pm     small toggle switch

Bill F. Brad Sarno was nice enough to add a small toggle "on/off" switch to my Free Loader after I suggested it. I would never alter a product on my own without the permission of the builder...I just thought it would be a good idea because it is easier throwing a small toggle switch than pulling out guitar cords. Please, no offense meant...the Omni VP is a great idea.
I'm now running from the steel to the Free Loader, to my Goodrich pot pedal, to my li'l Izzy plus, to the Peavey Nashville 1000...by putting the li'l Izzy after the VP you convert your pot pedal into an active pedal.
The battery life on the L'l Izzy is 6000 hours according to cmbakerelectronics. I got the idea from Craig Baker...great guy...miss him.
Brad

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2018 4:39 am    

No offense taken Brad.

So did you put a switch on your Lizy? Same principle

Bobby Hearn

Henrietta, Tx
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2018 9:38 am    

How much are these suckers?

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2018 9:44 am    

Bobby, send me an email and i will send you a quote.

Bferguson1947@gmail.com

Brad Malone

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2018 9:46 am     switch on Li'l Izzy

Bill F. As I said the battery life on the Izzy is 6000 hours and the Izzy is so small that it would be hard to install a switch but if not using the steel it is still a good idea to unplug the Izzy but you do not have to worry about unplugging it when out on the job...like I said the Omni is a great idea..beats plugging into a wall receptacle.
Brad

Greg Culp

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2018 5:54 pm     how much?

How much are you selling these for?

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2018 4:37 am    

Greg, send me an email.

I cannot quote SALE prices on the forum.

bferguson1947@gmail.com

Jay Dee Maness

North Hills, CA
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2018 9:50 am     goodrichpedal

The best pedal I have ever used.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2018 11:32 am    

Thank you Jay Dee.

That should make a bunch of Steelers jump on the bandwagon Smile

If you are interested, drop me an email and we will get you taken care of.

Thanks to all that have already purchased a new Goodrich Omni pedal from me!

Roy Peterman

Muncy Valley, Pennsylvania
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2018 4:58 pm    

Great pedal and I appreciate your great service Bill. Thanks for what you do for the steel guitar community.

Brad Malone

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 27 Oct 2018 6:34 pm     Omni VP

I just received my Omni VP today and gave it a tryout..I noticed that its construction was lighter than my other Goodrich Pot pedal..also when the pedal is fully depressed a metal piece protrudes from the bottom of the pedal..I just tried it in the active mode and was not too impressed but when I put my L'l Izzy plus inline I was very, very happy..seems I found the right combination.
Does anybody know what that little jumper that came in the package with the allen wrench is used for?..not that I'm ever going to use the 120V to 9V transformer but its nice to know what this jumper is used for. The Transformer was made in China.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 27 Oct 2018 8:15 pm    

The jumper cable is for guitar players who use the pedal mounted on a pedalboard. The power supply on pedal boards has a reverse polarity so they have to use this jumper cable to make it work with their pedalboard power supply. I'm surprised you don't really like the electric part of this because I love it. It is a very subtle change just enough to clean up the raw volume pot sound

Jim Palenscar

Oceanside, Calif, USA
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2018 7:04 am    

When we were designing the OMNI electronics it was clear that we could make it much brighter and much louder than the original signal however our goal was to make it subtle enough in both gain and clarity to make it not obvious that the signal had been altered and Kevin worked with the electronics designer to choose what he determined to be the optimum output and, to my ears, he got it perfect. Depending on other factors in your signal chain the output change can be either minimal or dramatic.

Brad Malone

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2018 3:18 pm     Bad News

Bill F. thank you for your explanation of the jumper, that was a mystery to me...Jim Palenscar, The Omni vp has a problem...when I plug the amp into the first output on the right side of the vp I get an awful howling and squealing sound. I have nothing else in the chain..just the cable from the guitar to the pedal and then to the amp. However when I plug the amp cable into the second right side output, one nearest the player, the squealing stops..the left side outputs work fine..it is just that one output on the right side that fails...please tell me how to proceed from this point..I still have the boxes the pedal was sent to me in...hopefully I can get this problem resolved.
Brad

Jim Palenscar

Oceanside, Calif, USA
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2018 4:17 pm    

Sent it to Kevin at Goodrich- he will take care of it in a jiffy- sorry that you are having a problem.
Goodrich
2375 Oceanside Blvd Suite A
Oceanside, CA 92054

Brad Malone

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2018 4:55 pm     Re. Vp

Jim, thanks for your rapid reply..I have his address and will send it to him..glad I kept the boxes it came in...Again, Thanks for the info.
Brad.