The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steel Tech In Denver
kbdrost

Prospect Heights, IL
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2018 2:22 pm    

Not sure if I have posted this in the right place; I apologize if not. I have some significant work that needs to be done to my Franklin. Can anybody recommend someone in the Denver area capable of the task? Thanks In Advance.

Ken Pippus

Langford, BC, Canada
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2018 3:49 pm    

A few years ago, the closest I could find was Mullen, in Flagler (get on I-70, go east to Kansas, come back 250 yards. A little joke!)

They might be able to do what you need, or direct you to someone closer. Really good folks.

Ben Waligoske

Denver, CO
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2018 8:07 pm    

Yeah, if you need a lot of work and overall setup done, I'd contact Mike at Mullen and see if they can potentially get you in. They're about 2.5 hrs east of Denver near Flagler...

In Denver proper, depending on what exactly you need done, you could also try Glenn Taylor (who builds MOYO steels). Speaking of, what exactly does "significant work on a Franklin" entail? Happy to help further if I can!

kbdrost

Prospect Heights, IL
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2018 9:33 am    

Ben Waligoske wrote:
Speaking of, what exactly does "significant work on a Franklin" entail? Happy to help further if I can!

This is a recent acquisition and the copedent is completely different from mine. Also this thing has a bunch of compensators whose function I don't really understand and I'm reluctant to mess with them. I'll call Mike at Mullen and see what he recommends. Thanks, all.

Ben Waligoske

Denver, CO
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2018 8:58 am    

Absolutely, they are wonderful out there. They've helped me with my old Sho Bud before, and in general are just great folks that are an asset to the steel community. Best of luck getting things sorted out, I'm sure that Franklin will sing when she's dialed in!