The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  In ear system
Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2018 3:11 pm    

I bought the Posse, did not work for me but has for many others, sent it back.

Now have the Rolls PM351. It has 3 inputs (line,mic,instrument).

I am trying this to cut down on stage volume and to hear my intonation better.

I turn my amp down, mic it into this unit and adjust to suit in my ear buds (Shure se425).

I find these systems are a little harsh sounding,. so I am going to put a Boss GE-7 in line for the instrument, did not want to spend thousands on gear to sound like a Maverick into a coffee can in my ears, just does not seem fair.

The jury is still out but when you look at what bands are doing these days and most bigger churches, might be time to take a hard look.

I have control of my monitor mix at the club where I work with my ipad, all is good, still going to take time to adjust after 46 years.

Phone: 971-219-8533

Paul Sutherland

Placerville, California
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2018 4:10 pm    

I bought one of those Rolls units and found it had too much hiss and noise. The noise level was unacceptable, I didn't like the tone quality in my ears. I stopped using it altogether, and should probably try to sell it.

When I feel the need to use in ears, I now have the Behringer P16 personal mixer that drives the ear pieces and give me control over 16 channels of the mix. That unit is compatible with Behringer the X32, XR18, X18, and Midas MR18 consoles. If the band is using any one of those boards, then all you need is an appropriate length CAT5, 5e, or 6 cable, and you have a much better setup than the Rolls.