The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sarno earth drive
Nick Waugh

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2018 8:28 am    

Hi All

I have a previous post about this problem and I am raising it again. I have a Sarno earth drive and delay pedal. For the past couple of years I have had them mounted on a pedal board. I would plug them in very quickly and easily by taking a lead from the amp socket in my volume pedal and plugging into the earth drive. I would then plug the lead from my amp into the out socket of my delay pedal.

This all worked fine until few months ago, when the Sarno stopped working. It would make the signal louder, but no fuzz. The only way to get it working was to place it before my volume pedal, but this takes time to get it plugged in. It's cumbersome and I want to go back to simply plugging in my pedal board.

Why did it work for 2 years and then stop? I love the sound of the earth drive, but it's not worth the hassle if I have to place it before the volume pedal. Is it due to a fault with my pedal? Is there another fuzz pedal that would allow me to plug it in the way I used to? If it worked before I am confident it will work again, I just need to know what to do.

Asa Brosius

Post  Posted 13 Sep 2018 11:32 am    

Firstly, and lastly, get in touch with Brad Sarno- he knows all. Secondly, I had mine after the VP for a few years- now I love the gain stability of having it before the vp- well worth a few extra patch cables.

Bob Hoffnar

Austin, Tx
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2018 9:47 pm    

I do what Asa does now also.