The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nashville 400 Reverb not working
Jake L

Grapevine, Texas
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2018 7:29 am    

I recently bought a Nashville 400 and fired her up this morning for the first time since receiving it. The reverb is not working, I thought it may have gotten stuck during shipping, so I pulled the tank out to make sure everything was floating correctly and the wiring hadn't come unplugged. Still not working. I am not an amp tech, and am electronically challenged. Any suggestions on what could be the issue? Thanks!

Dick Wood

Springtown Texas, USA
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2018 8:12 am    

Those amps are known to have a problem with the Molex plug not making good contact with the pins. I got a magnifying glass and a small jewelers screw driver and VERY CAREFULLY adjusted the gaps on contacts inside the Molex plug. That made my problems go away.

Jake L

Grapevine, Texas
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2018 9:07 am    

Thanks! I'll try that.

Eric Philippsen

Central Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2018 4:18 pm    

What Dick said......

I’ve played thru NV400’s for over 3 decades and I’ve gotten to know them. The Molex plug that connects the tank to the bottom of the chassis can cause a lot of problems. Some guys just cut the plug off and solder the cord to the circuit board’s female ends. I get that but then it makes it kind of a pain to pull both the chassis and pan out together for any servicing. No biggie, though.

Sometimes, although rare, the reverb pan dies.

Dirty input and output jacks can cause problems, too, even if you don’t use all the jacks. It doesn’t happen much anymore what with people smoking less but back ‘in the day” you could cut the smoke in the nightclub air with a knife. Of course, that smoke used to settle on the jacks and eventually cause the amp to just plain stop. The solution was to jump the preamp-out and power amp-in jacks.