The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  feedback in reverb?
Dag Wolf

Bergen, Norway
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2018 9:43 am    

I have a brand new Nashville 112 that has a lot of feedback in the reverb. Is there something I can do to fix this?
When I turn the reverb to 0 it`s gone.
I have just a little of this in an older 112 as well.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Dag

Nathan Guilford

Oklahoma City
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2018 7:11 am     feedback in reverb

I've got the same problem in my 83 Nashville 400. Anybody have any experience with fixing this problem?

George Macdonald

Vancouver Island BC Canada
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2018 7:26 am     Nash.112 reverb

Maybe not be the same problem, but I have an older Nash.112 that has always had a hum when using the reverb. Yesterday I replaced the reverb pan with a MOD brand pan from Amplified Parts in Arizona. The hum is now gone and the reverb sounds so much better then the original. I only have to turn it to 2 1/2 to get a very nice sounding reverb. The part number is: P-RMOD-9EB2C1B [for the Nash.112] and costs $21.00 US plus shipping. It was Tommy White that suggested this change some time ago. Don't know if it will fix the problem you described. [I think the same tank works in the Nash. 400]

Ken Fox

Nashville GA USA
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2018 3:49 am    

Remove the rank and inspect it to make certain the the reverb pan is floating freely. It is held by four springs attached to the reverb can.

Dag Wolf

Bergen, Norway
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2018 4:02 am    

Thanks. I have changed around tanks and the problem follow the tank.
Will try to Check Even better.

Dag

Larry Ball

Airdrie, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2018 12:16 pm    

This is why I joined the PSG FORUM:

The wealth of knowledge available us new members in seeking advice is outstanding.

I have read the above post's which has lead me to believe that I have the same problem with my recently purchased Peavey Nashville 112. I haven't checked the serial number but I believe it is about 10 yrs. old but in excellent condition. At first "No" hum, then I placed a "Reverb/Delay" into the Pre EQ jacks with still "No" hum. A bit later I placed my tone bar on top the amp at which time it started to hum rather loud. I turned the power Off/On and the hum stopped.

Now being an old "Fender Guy" I thought it might be a bad ground. When I plugged the Delay in I also turned on the reverb in the amp which could be the culprit or my "Cell Phone" which was close by.

So I am going to turn off the amp reverb and go from there, hopefully it works.

Dag Wolf

Bergen, Norway
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2018 4:25 am    

The problems seems to somewhat be less now. If there`s another amp close it makes some more hum and the feedback are coming back.
I would love if Mike Brown could chime in.

Thanks,
Dag

Larry Ball

Airdrie, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2018 7:23 am    

I turned off the reverb in the amp and all is quiet. I also made sure my cell phone was not near the amp. In reading some other posts the CD Jack was mentioned regarding a "Shielded Stereo Cable" needed if a Play-along unit was plugged in. So I made sure the Stereo Cable was a good shielded one as that "too" may have been the culprit. As I have a built in reverb in the "Reverb/Delay Pedal" I am going to go with that for now and not the amp reverb.

The amp sounds great and is absolutely quiet (No hum). I have a gig tomorrow (so fingers crossed) when other amps are around and stage monitors are close by.

Charley Paul

California, USA
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2018 11:30 am    

Just an FYI,

I have the same issue sometimes with my 66 Pro Reverb. This only occurs with my steel, not my 6 strings.

I usually turn the verb off, then back on. That seems to take care of the problem...

Richard Nelson

Drogheda, Louth, Ireland
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2018 4:44 pm    

If it does it with the new tank the problem must be in the send and return circuit. It might need a new IC board?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChkzP48NKKSiredddt-NGEQ?view_as=public

www.myspace.com/ricknelsteel