The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  We Could, 5 Steel Player Jam
Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2018 3:58 am    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv9vZQA9dYE
Here is a video from a recent steel guitar jam I put together. It takes about 18 seconds to get going. I start it out followed by Dennis Bailey, Skip Pilgrim, Junior Knight, David Wright and I end it. It was a great afternoon sitting beside these men and trying to hang with them. Having two Texas Hall Of Fame Members in Junior and David made it even more fun. I followed Junior as a teenager on television back in the 1970's and just idolized his playing. David as we all know is a tremendous player as well. Skip was instrumental in helping start the TSGA and played in Branson for several years. Dennis will get your attention for sure since he plays very well on fast tunes. He was a champion banjo player before taking up steel.I hope all who see this video enjoy it. It is close to 10 minutes long.

Earl Briggs

Lancaster tx
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2018 11:12 pm     Steel jam

Hey Paul, great playing from everybody,it’s good what you are doing with the steel jams.keep the videos coming ! Earl .

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2018 1:31 am    

Thanks Earl. I am trying to have one at least every other month. Would you be interested in playing at one of the jams? If so let me know what your schedule looks like.

Don Kuhn

Poetry/Terrell ,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2018 6:09 am    

That was some Great Steeling from all of you guys plus I have to give a shout out to the band for the nice job they did. Now you have me and Earl hooked wanting more videos. Good job putting that jam session together with that kind of talent Paul.