The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  soundslice
Andy Keen

Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2018 11:49 am    

I found this awesome tool that I have to share. I am in no way associated with this site, but I just would love to see some steel guitar content on there. From what I can tell they only select very skilled musicians for course content, so I'm hoping this sparks the interest of some of the forum members. I'd gladly pay top dollar for music that I could consume in this fashion. If we create demand for the paid content in this format, maybe some of the expert steel players will go for it!

A lot of times if I want to learn a transcribed solo, I have to internalize the whole passage at first, which can take a long time. The first 5-10 seconds is generally far easier than the rest of the song because its easier to hear that first phrase repeated by clicking back on the CD player, or clicking back on youtube videos, or back in your media player on your computer. But towards the middle/end, when you have to skip around, it's so clunky that I often forget the phrase.

The features of this tool I think help a lot with that problem. Specifically, the looping feature. I personally learn much quicker by digesting small sections.

-You can slow the speed down,
-It shows real sheet music and tab side by side
-You can click and drag to create a loop
-The video is synchronized with the sheet music and tabs

Here's an example with some jazzy mandolin passage.

https://www.soundslice.com/scores/37291/

Jeremy DeHart

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2019 6:01 am    

Hey Andy, I'm right with ya! I've been on Soundslice for several years consuming Gypsy Jazz guitar courses, however I found it initially because there was a video from youtube synced up with the soundslice TAB that was just huge for me. Since then Adrian has taken away the Youtube Sync page, but he has just re-intriduced it as Personal Slices (Unfortunately this means that all of the prior work I did using his system is wiped out, but alas!). So I gave it a shot this morning with a song I've been working on and it's amazing! This is only for C13 8-string lapsteel, but here it is:

https://www.soundslice.com/slices/fjLcc/