Sharon Frances

Elk Horn, KY 42733
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2018 3:25 pm    

Blue Christmas
https://youtu.be/BvyDafoRbuI

Ron Hogan

Nashville, TN, usa
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2018 4:09 pm    

She's getting there. Why is her volume pedal outside of the guitar? That makes it harder to operate the right knee levers?

Ron Hogan
Nashville, TN

Sharon Frances

Elk Horn, KY 42733
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2018 4:22 pm    

Ron Hogan wrote:
She's getting there. Why is her volume pedal outside of the guitar? That makes it harder to operate the right knee levers?

Ron Hogan
Nashville, TN

Hi Ron, That's the way she play Very Happy . I don't know anything about pedal steel Very Happy

Glenn Demichele

(20mi N of) Chicago Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2018 8:09 pm    

Terrific, very impressive. Another thing that will make her sound even better is if she tries to keep the bar parallel to the frets at all times. She's nailing the pitch when she gets there (awesome), but I see lots of newer players (even if they're old like me) slant the bar as they move from one position to another. There's something about that sound, even though its transient, that makes the player sound less in tune. If you look at videos of great players, their bar is always parallel to the frets unless they're doing an intentional slant.

Al Evans

Austin, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2018 5:28 am    

She's doing great! In addition to the suggestion to work on keeping her bar straight, I think it would help her a lot to play with a backing track, to get her tempo and rhythm consistent. For example, here's one for Blue Christmas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djt6c0qwm9A

--Al Evans

Sharon Frances

Elk Horn, KY 42733
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2018 6:16 am    

Al Evans wrote:
She's doing great! In addition to the suggestion to work on keeping her bar straight, I think it would help her a lot to play with a backing track, to get her tempo and rhythm consistent. For example, here's one for Blue Christmas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djt6c0qwm9A

--Al Evans

Thank you, I will tell her that. appreciate you

Kevin Fix

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2018 4:08 pm    

Wow!!! She has come along ways since the last time I heard her!!!!!Has your daughter ever heard Sarah Jory, Barbara Mandrel? Their is more I know. She is on the right track with a great teacher.

Sharon Frances

Elk Horn, KY 42733
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2018 4:35 pm    

Glenn Demichele wrote:
Terrific, very impressive. Another thing that will make her sound even better is if she tries to keep the bar parallel to the frets at all times. She's nailing the pitch when she gets there (awesome), but I see lots of newer players (even if they're old like me) slant the bar as they move from one position to another. There's something about that sound, even though its transient, that makes the player sound less in tune. If you look at videos of great players, their bar is always parallel to the frets unless they're doing an intentional slant.

Thank you for your comment, We greatly appreciate it. Keep my daughter motivated. Thanks

Sharon Frances

Elk Horn, KY 42733
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2018 4:38 pm    

Kevin Fix wrote:
Wow!!! She has come along ways since the last time I heard her!!!!!Has your daughter ever heard Sarah Jory, Barbara Mandrel? Their is more I know. She is on the right track with a great teacher.

Thank you! She really working hard and enjoying playing. Your nice comment really motivate her to do better every time. Thank you

George Frachiseur

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2018 6:43 pm    

Hello. Along with the other great advice you have received, I think she would do better with a pair of shoes. I know from experience it's easier to push the pedals with a sole on your foot. Other than that I think she is doing good.

Sharon Frances

Elk Horn, KY 42733
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2018 5:43 am    

George Frachiseur wrote:
Hello. Along with the other great advice you have received, I think she would do better with a pair of shoes. I know from experience it's easier to push the pedals with a sole on your foot. Other than that I think she is doing good.

Thank you for the advice, but my daughter said she's not comfortable with shoes and picks ^_^ . I guess we just let her be for now.

Josh Killian

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2018 7:04 am    

Hi Sharon, I’m the director of a nonprofit, Steel Resolve, that helps young steel players by giving scholarships for lessons and equipment. If your daughter is serious about the steel, we would love to help her any way we can. Feel free to call or email me. My contact info is in my signature.
Steel Resolve is a 501(c)3 designated nonprofit

Sharon Frances

Elk Horn, KY 42733
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2018 2:05 am    

Josh Killian wrote:
Hi Sharon, I’m the director of a nonprofit, Steel Resolve, that helps young steel players by giving scholarships for lessons and equipment. If your daughter is serious about the steel, we would love to help her any way we can. Feel free to call or email me. My contact info is in my signature.

Thanks so much