The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Shout out to Tom Bradshaw
Bill Burch

California, USA
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2018 9:31 am    

Not sure if this is the right forum, but i wanted to give a hearty "thank you" to Tom Bradshaw, who set me up with a beautiful new fretboard for my Dekley S10.

Not only did he send one great board, but after yours truly messed up the install, he send me a replacement after graciously refused additional payment.

He also carefully guided me through measurement and installation process. His craftsmanship and communication is excellent, and I can't recommend his services highly enough.

You can find his website here:
https://www.songwriter.com/bradshaw/fretboards.php

Thanks, Tom

Bill Burch

Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2018 12:13 pm    

Tom is a great guy. He went beyond the call of duty to fix me up with a remote reverb switch for a Webb amp, and he searched through his things and found me the metal WEBB plate/badge that I needed also. Nice guy.

Dave Diehl

Mechanicsville, MD, USA
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2018 2:31 pm    

Yes, Tom is a great guy to deal with. He'll never do you wrong. I've had many good experiences with him.

Mike Wheeler

Delaware, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2018 3:23 pm    

I'll jump on this bandwagon!! Tom is one terrific guy and provides great services to all of us steel pickers. And he's honest as the day is long!

steve takacs

beijing, china via pittsburgh (deceased)
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2018 6:38 am    

go Tom, go Tom, go Tom...... steve t

Tom Bradshaw

Walnut Creek, California, USA
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2018 9:29 am     Double Post

See next post.

Last edited by Tom Bradshaw on 8 Sep 2018 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Tom Bradshaw

Post  Posted 3 Sep 2018 9:53 am     Oh Yeah!

Whenever this subject comes up, as it also did a few years ago, my sensitive ego is ultimately crushed as was its fate back then, when Forumite Aaron Wayne lauded me as a "legend." My reply then, remains true today:

"By accident I discovered this post. Aaron Wayne's anointment of me as a "legend" was humbling. Few mortals are legends before kicking the bucket. As I read on, my ego swelled as I reveled in the tributes from the 10 additional posters. I wallowed in euphoria and bathed in self-exaltation for about a minute, then reality reared its ugly head. I realized that there are currently 10,662 official Forum members. That meant that 10,652, or less than one percent of the total membership, agree that I'm a legend. That means that over 99% don't give a rat's @$$ if I'm legendary or not!

I then noticed that the topic had been viewed a total of 765 times. I suspected that all the posters and many of the viewers, had returned to the topic several times to read what each additional poster had added to Aaron's initial statement. The repeat viewers had to be at least 40 out of the 765. That meant that only 725 actual people cared enough about the topic to read it. Thus, 9,937 Forum members (93.2%) also didn't give a cat's meow if I'm a legend or not.

Thus, the initial ego-boost and chest-swelling I experienced when reading the accolades that Aaron bestowed on me, turned into a near clinical depression. I then realized that with only 11 people feeling I'm a legend, there are 10,651 Forumites who surely feel I'm the world's biggest jerk, if not a complete idiot for my involvement with the steel guitar. But on second thought, at least they have feelings for me, and I'm grateful for that. ...Tom"

Marco Schouten

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2018 6:22 am    

Laughing Laughing Laughing

You are a legend, no doubt .

Larry Carlson

My Computer
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2018 6:51 am    

Tom, you may or may not be a legend but your Tab Rack is great.
It's one of the best accessories I've ever purchased.
Thank you......... Smile
Sometimes it doesn't.
But I keep on trying.

Roy Carroll

North of a Round Rock
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2018 12:42 pm    

Hi Tom,
I bought some volume pots from you a while back. Right on time as promised. I believe that you are truly a legend! Not many people do what they say. That makes you a legend in my mind! Thanks for providing the parts and knowledge that you do for this community.
The very best to you and yours!!! Very Happy Very Happy Shocked

Danny Harrell

Livingston, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2018 12:58 pm    

I have bought several items from Tom Bradshaw and he really is a class act. I ordered the MXR Resonator pedal from him yesterday. He and his wife are just great folks to talk and deal with. Mr. Tom sells only the best in products and if he recommends it, it's gotta be good!!!

Edward Rhea

Medford Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2018 3:33 pm    

I’ve also had very pleasant transactions and delightful emails with/from Tom. He always comes through for me...check out his website!
Tom, I love the volume pedal brackets you make/sell, and yes those Dunlop pots are great too. Your products, customer service, and dedication to this community are definitely worthy of putting you in the “legendary” category, alone...IMO! Thanks!

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2018 5:33 am    

Back in the late 70`s I wanted to build a pedal steel. I must have been a royal P.I.T.A. I could not have done it without ALL Tom`s parts supplied, parts loaned, communications/written letters,B.C (before computers). 40 years ago and I`m still playing the homemade steel with the highest regard for Tom Bradshaw.

Kevin Fix

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2018 5:42 pm    

I got new fret boards from Tom also. Real beauty's. For my Super Pro.

Charlie McDonald

out of the blue
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2018 4:18 am    

I enjoyed your response, Tom. Great example of how to skew the poll results, but we know how faulty statistics are.
It may be that over ninety percent of the membership are aware of your legendary status and had nothing to add.
I don't, except to say that I've enjoyed our communications.

IMO, better to be called legendary than a genius, even in your own time--the genius label is thrown about quite a bit.

But I'll venture that the device for converting a lower to a raise on MSAs is a little piece of genius. Thanks for giving a rat's @$$ for all of us.

Barry Blackwood

Post  Posted 10 Sep 2018 7:34 am    

Tom is simply a grand person and that permeates everything he does. Whether he is selling you shoes or steel guitars you will always get 110% from him - always.

Tom Bradshaw

Post  Posted 10 Sep 2018 8:18 am     Shoe Salesman?

Thanks Barry. You've revealed my life's biggest mistake: I should have become a shoe salesman! Rolling Eyes

Gary Walker

Morro Bay, CA
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2018 3:37 pm    

I have known Tom from the mid sixties and if you ever took him apart, you would find steel guitar parts through out him from head to toe. I wish he lived in my neighborhood, my wife would know where I am when she can't find me. When dealing with him; if anybody ever had the chance to be on the short end of the stick, Tom would make sure it was him and not you. But you would not ever be in that situation. The man is pure Gold.

Steve Hinson

Hendersonville Tn USA
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2018 6:03 pm    

Tom Bradshaw is one of the most important people in the history of the steel guitar business,in terms of getting information out here amongst us and just generally
helping people...that's my opinion...and should be yours.

SH

Ronald Cid

Contrecoeur, Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2018 8:24 am    

Here's an example of the Tom Bradshaw style. I built my entire collection of Pedal Steel Guitar albums from Tom's yellow catalogue...that catalogue could always be found in the downstairs bathroom library...lolll The place of true peace and quiet. Several years ago my father passed and left me with a small inheritance. I live very frugal existance, but I decided to renew my copies of the Steel Guitar magazine. Although I am a Canadian, I do possess an American Bank Account so I wrote a cheque and sent it with a hand writtten note to Tom to please send me the 6 issues so that my collection would be in pristine condition. To my awe, he sent me the 6 issues and they were doubled (12 copies) and he included the CD Steel Guitar Jazz in Four Wheel Drive by Buddy Emmons. There was a note inside the package. "You sent me too much money...here are the magazines along with something to make up the amount"

That's Tom Bradshaw! I would have been happy to unpack the parcel and find the 6 issues alone....but that's Tom Bradshaw.

RC

Steve Cattermole

California, USA
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2018 10:31 am    

Tom is a legend to me.He was my connection to the steel guitar world in the 70's.I got all his tablature and every album he had and never had a problem.I got to meet Tom at a Jeff Newman seminar in Los Angeles and he was a great guy,really funny,with hilarious stories.Thanks for all you've done for me and the steel guitar world