The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New Videos
Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2018 5:45 am    

I hope all of you are enjoying the "complete" show videos that I have been posting.

I still have several hundred shows and will get to them as time allows.

It is surprising to me that my video's are watched thousands of times, but NOT from the link on the SGF.
Are people not paying attention to "Steel On The Web" or are they getting their notifications elsewhere? It's puzzling as I have always thought that the SGF was the holy grail for steel guitar information.

thanks
Bill Ferguson

Www.YouTube.com/Steelpicker
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Last edited by Bill Ferguson on 19 Sep 2018 10:59 am; edited 2 times in total

Stan Paxton

1/2 & 1/2 Florida and Tenn, USA (old Missouri boy gone South)
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2018 6:45 am    

Cool Hey Bill, I been enjoying everything you put out there. Thanks much.
Mullen Lacquer SD 10, 3 & 5; Mullen Mica S 10 1/2 pad, 3 & 5; BJS Bars; LTD400, Nashville 112, DD-3, RV-3, Hilton VP . -- Gold Tone PBS sq neck; Wechter Scheerhorn sq neck. -- "Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone." -anon.-

Rob Segal

New York NY
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2018 8:50 am     I/we do totally love your video offerings!

Dear Bill,

Thank you, thank you, thank you! The videos are priceless, they are crucial, they are helpful, they are great!

I appreciate the work it takes to have captured these and to prepare them for publishing.

Thanks very much indeed,

Rob Segal

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2018 7:29 am    

I am so curious about something.

Based on the number of views, the Stu Basore and Gary Hogue video's that I posted this week, have been watched 1.2K times each.

However, there is not even a handful of comments.

Now I know that everyone does not take the time to comment and I sincerely appreciate the ones that do.

My question is: If you want and enjoy something, why not let the author know that you like it (and I don't mean just clicking on the like button)?

There is a lot of time and effort for anyone that has video tape, digitizes it and then makes movies and then posting on YouTube.

So whether it be mine or any of the numerous others that post steel guitar stuff on YouTube or FaceBook, let them know that you do in fact enjoy it and want more.

Heck, if people get discouraged, they may not make the effort anymore.

Just think how many young and old players today are learning from the GREATS because of YouTube and it's absolutely FREE.

Just venting.
Bill
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2018 7:58 am    

I agree Bill. I have posted videos here on the forum of some really good pickers and rarely will anyone comment on them. Better response on Facebook is what I see. It is amazing how someone like Doug Jernigan can get few comments, and he is one of the top players in the world.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2018 8:23 am    

Yep Paul. Facebook gets more comments. I think more people are on Facebook these days and that is sad.

The SGF is THE place for steel guitar.

Do you think that there are just so many video's being posted that people just don't want to take the time to comment?

Or is it just today's society. You know, everything has to be RIGHT NOW instead of sitting back and smelling the roses?

By the way, thanks again for the speaker cabinet. I have not done anything yet, but hope to soon.

Ron Hogan

Nashville, TN, usa
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2018 2:52 pm    

Bill, you are doing a great Justice to the Steel Guitar and it's history and players.

Thanks,
Ron Hogan
Nashville, TN

Andy Vance

Graham, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2018 4:21 pm    

Bill,

I am guilty of watching a bunch of your videos that you've taken the time to post and have never commented on any. It isn't because I don't appreciate them, I do indeed, I just don't post comments on YouTube videos as other than thank you, I'm not sure what I'd say.

My apologies if you feel like your time spent to post those is wasted or unwanted, that surely isn't true for me. I love watching them or sometimes just listening to them while I'm working.

Andy

Harry Teachman

South Dartmouth,Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2018 8:59 pm    

Guilty as charged !!!!! Bill, whenever I log onto the forum and "Steel On The Web", if I see a posting of one of your videos, I AM THERE !!!! Please do not feel slighted, you are appreciated more than you realize. And you are correct, a little comment goes a long way !
Let me echo everyone's" Thank You".

Harry Teachman

Walter Stettner

Vienna, Austria
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2018 10:38 pm    

I'm with you, Bill. I am usually watching the clips you post through the SGF link since I am not a great FB guy anyway. The new ones as as great as all of them, it just takes longer to watch (of course), sometimes I have to watch them in several smaller portions, as time permits. However, it is good to hear that you have more than a lifetime supply still to come! Very Happy

As for the reactions, I have noticed the same thing. I am running that weekly little "Clip Of The Week" game, posting a track for guessing the steel player and the singer. Usually there are far over 100 hits but the responses are ranging from 0 to 3 or 4. Go figure!

Anyway, good to have dedicated steel lovers like you who do a lot to preserve the history of the instrument!

Kind Regards, Walter

Larry Robbins

Fort Edward, New York
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2018 12:26 pm    

Hi Bill,
If I see your link here first...that's where I watch it from....FaceBook….I click on it there....I am on YouTube a lot and if it comes in on my subscriptions page..same thing! I would like to thank you for all of your hard work and time that you spend putting up theses videos for us and the world to see and have for the future!!

dlayne

OH
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2018 2:11 am     Videos

Alot of us players would surely miss out on some of the BEST PLAYING that we would other wise not have at al. I for one really appreciate Bill sharing all the Pedal Steel videos that he does.Thanks a bunch Bill

Richard Keller

Deer Creek, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2018 2:47 am    

Thanks for posting all those videos Bill. I follow your YouTube channel and get my notifications of new videos from YouTube.
I really enjoyed watching all those videos. I’ll try to take time to leave more comments for you.

Tony Dingus

Kingsport, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2018 6:45 pm    

Bill I appreciate the videos you post. I never got to go to St. Louis so, this is as close as I can get when you post one. Thank you again.

Tony

Tim Herman

Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2018 4:28 am    

I have posted public thanks to you on Facebook. Here is my thanks on the SGF. For many of us, our career timing is just a wee bit off. When all these great conventions were taking place, I was still struggling to make a living. Now that I could go, the conventions are fewer, and farther away, and I'm too busy in my home area. My only hope of seeing these great players are your postings. Lots of folks are just bashful about commenting. I sure hope you keep going. I love these clips!

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2018 5:12 am    

You are all very welcome.

I was not asking for kudos, but just wanting to know that you are not only watching, but ENJOYING and wanting more.

Without responses, I would never know that you actually want to see more of this kind of stuff.

So for those that take a few seconds to write responses, whether it be on YouTube comments, Facebook comments and/or SGF thread, I want to say Thank You to YOU

john buffington

Owasso OK - USA
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2018 6:16 am    

Thank you Bill for sharing your video treasures. For me the SGF is my go to place to catch those hidden "treasures" that you share. Hopefully, you'll continue to give us more and thanks in advance.

Dean Owen

Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2018 7:06 am     Thanks Bill

Watching your videos are part of my morning routine. After I get tired of the news channel I’ll watch one of your videos and the world seems to be a better place again.

John Sluszny

Brussels, Belgium
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2018 9:53 am    

Bill,thanks for all the videos,I love watching them here in Belgium !

John Sluszny

Brussels, Belgium
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2018 9:53 am    

Bill,thanks for all the videos,I love watching them here in Belgium !

Ron Funk

Ballwin, Missouri
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2018 6:47 pm    

Bill

I dig them all and can't wait for more.

Best regards
Ron

Ron Hogan

Nashville, TN, usa
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2018 8:51 am    

Bill,
What I do is burn some of your videos to dvd. Last year here in Nashville I had a party with about 8 steel players. We'd tell stories, eat food and have the videos playing in the background. It's a great way to start conversations

Bruce W. Roberts

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2018 10:22 am    

Clicked on the link but youtube says video unavailable. How can I access these?

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2018 11:00 am    

Thank you Bruce.

That was a dead link about now defunct Steel Radio Cruise.

Danny Letz

Old Glory,Texas, USA 79540
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2018 12:42 pm    

Bill, I enjoy the videos too but for me I usually listen more than watch because I play them in my truck while I’m on my oil pumping route. Hard to comment while driving. And also you have graciously put on so many that folks may just take it for granted. Anyway, keep them coming.