The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Who else is still waiting on a Jeffran order?
Pete McAvity

St. Louis, Missouri USA
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2018 1:16 pm    

Apologies to moderator if this post is under an inappropriate section. My intent is to prevent members from getting taken, as I’m hoping is not the case with me.

I’m on day 17. I placed a $60 order (#10462) with Jeffran on 7/28 and to date have received no product or notification. No response to email; text; voicemail or pm which was sent to Melissa but never read. At least one member here has recently gone through PayPal to be refunded per another post under the Tablature section.

Sound off. Who else is still getting stonewalled? Who is still getting their stuff?

They say "thats how it goes". I say "that ain't the way it stays!"

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2018 1:56 pm    

You should check some of the other postings on the subject.
Erv

Bobby Nelson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2018 2:39 pm    

Mine showed up Monday. A little slow but sure.

Mark Robinson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2018 9:46 pm    

I’ve been waiting since January 30th, 2018.

Pete McAvity

St. Louis, Missouri USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2018 6:34 am    

Thanks, Erv. I have checked the other posts, I'm just putting out feelers to see if others have been getting their orders or not. I'm looking for success stories.

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2018 7:00 am    

Pete,
Yes, it has to be frustrating. Very Happy
Erv

Ken Boi

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2018 7:02 am    

I have a success story. My last order placed was on June 28 and received at my door on July 8. Am I getting preferential treatment? I doubt it. But I have placed a few orders in the past 6-months. I figure just luck of the draw. I also sent a message inquiring about the finger-pick status on July 23 and received a response from Melissa that day. Again, just luck of the draw. (I have also sent another inquiry that went unanswered).

Apparently they moved house and office at the end of July. I can only assume things are really hectic and hopefully it gets all worked out soon. She mentioned the picks are coming but the delays sound like they are at the manufacturers end. She can't send something she hasn't received. Melissa was very apologetic about this and the delays. I wouldn't give up just yet.

If you want, go to the website https://www.jeffrancollege.com/ and under the 'More...' tab is a 'Contact Us' link. Maybe give that a try.

...Ken

Pete McAvity

St. Louis, Missouri USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2018 7:07 am    

Thanks Ken! That's what I want to hear. I did email via the address listed on their site. If there's gonna be a wait, there's gonna be a wait. What was Melissa's response on the finger picks? Last update I'd heard was that they had them a couple months ago but were waiting on polishing.

Pete McAvity

St. Louis, Missouri USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2018 7:14 am    

Just got a reply via Facebook messenger. Per Melissa my order was dropped at the post office yesterday, and she provided me w/ a tracking#. If anyone else uses this mode of communication, it may be the way to go if you need to contact them. I'm satisfied and plan to buy from her in the future.

Ken Boi

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2018 7:24 am    

Pete McAvity wrote:
Thanks Ken! That's what I want to hear. I did email via the address listed on their site. If there's gonna be a wait, there's gonna be a wait. What was Melissa's response on the finger picks? Last update I'd heard was that they had them a couple months ago but were waiting on polishing.

Basically they had a meeting scheduled for July 25 with the manufacturer to get a new expected delivery date (note that I received her reply on July 23). So I am unaware of any new 'promised' date as yet. The website does not indicate anything at the moment. They have pre-paid for this order in full, so she is just as eager to receive these picks as any of us that pre-ordered months back.

(Pete, I sent you PM message with details.)

Chris Schlotzhauer

Colleyville, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2018 6:35 am    

Are they communicating on Facebook? What is the page name?
Their "contact us" email on their website has resulted with zero responses

Pete McAvity

St. Louis, Missouri USA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2018 6:47 am     Facebook Messenger

Heya, Chris. Use Facebook Messenger. Their FB page is Jeffran Music. They haven't posted on that page since 6/24, but I got a quick response.

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2018 7:13 am    

They should be answering emails (at least). Not everyone with a computer is on Facebook.

Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2018 8:08 am    

Richard Sinkler wrote:
They should be answering emails (at least). Not everyone with a computer is on Facebook.

Agreed, and that would include me!

Confused

There are only two options as I see it.
Either I'm right, or there is a sinister conspiracy to conceal the fact that I'm right.

Williams Keyless S-10, BMI S-10, Evans FET-500LV, Fender Steel King, 2 Roland Cube 80XL's,
Sarno FreeLoader, Goodrich Passive Volume Pedals, Vintage ACE Pack-A-Seat

Mark Hershey

New York, USA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2018 8:11 am    

I learned a lesson through dealing with Jeffran, going forth I will always send an email prior to ordering inquiring if product is still avail and eta to ship. If a business can't respond to my initial email then I won't be doing business with them. I've had many positive experiences doing business with members of the PSG community and for that I'm grateful.

Pete McAvity

St. Louis, Missouri USA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2018 8:32 am    

I’ve thought about that, Mark. With teaching stuff such as this (paper/CD/DVD) it would make sense to digitize everything and print/burn what you need as the orders come in rather than sinking capital into inventory. I wouldn’t doubt that’s how they’re doing it.

Garry Simpson

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2018 11:45 am    

I've had picks on order since January 31st. Haven't heard anything.

Jeffrey McFadden

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2018 8:13 am    

I'm waiting on a pick order since May.
If this is the biggest rip-off that ever happens to me it will be a good thing.
Fool me once, shame on you...

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2018 11:29 am    

Pete McAvity wrote:
I’ve thought about that, Mark. With teaching stuff such as this (paper/CD/DVD) it would make sense to digitize everything and print/burn what you need as the orders come in rather than sinking capital into inventory. I wouldn’t doubt that’s how they’re doing it.

Or digitize everything in Mp3 or Mp4 files for audio or video, and pdf files for tab and setup a download option so paople can get their stuff immediately (or close to it), like Amazon and other online retailers.

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2018 1:45 pm    

I ordered $40 worth of picks on February 1, 2018. No communication regarding the picks since March 2, though I've asked periodically . I have gotten plenty of advertising emails from Jeffran, however.

I paid with PayPal credit. I guess it's time I should ask for a refund, ya think?

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Mark Hershey

New York, USA
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2018 10:48 am    

So the saga continues updates below

Purchased $145.00 worth of course materials.

Purchased July 23rd website said they'd be closed until the 28th.

sent an email 7/31/18 through website no response

8/1/18 received confirmation that a shipping label was printed. Status is pre-shipment which means label has been created but it hasn't left where it was originated.

8/7/18 sent second email to follow up, no response

8/8/18 left a voicemail requesting status and no response

8/10/18 disputed transaction with the bank and am seeking a refund.

8/11/18 bank agreed with my claim and fully refunded my money. I'm happy to get out of this transaction. Fingers crossed the rest of you get taken care of.

8/16/18 my order arrives and looking at the tracking they shipped the package on the 14th well after my bank refunded my money.

I have not opened the package yet, I wanted out of the transaction and still feel that way. I guess Jeffran can provide support as to why the charges are valid and get the payment back. My thoughts are they saw my claim come in and then shipped the package right way so they could challenge my claim and get the money back. I don't know but I'm in a weird state of limbo as to whether I should ship the package back or hold onto it in case my bank sides with them. UGH! One quick email on their part could of helped avoid all of this. I would have been patient if they had just communicated and responded to one of my attempts to reach out to them. Very disappointed.

Mike Wheeler

Delaware, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2018 11:38 am    

Mark, take the unopened package to the shipper and tell them to return it to the sender...but you need to do it very soon. There is usually a time frame in which to do such things.

Or you could cancel your stop payment claim and just let the money go to Jeffran.

There's no need to assign negative motives to Jeffran.

Hook Moore

South Charleston,West Virginia
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2018 12:15 pm    

Email from Jeffran College today
“We apologize for the less than satisfactory customer service provided during our Leave/Close of Office over July-Beginning of August. We had pressing Business matters that required our immediate attention away from the office. One of these matters being our highly anticipated restock of our Jeffran Picks. We have been ensured by contract that we will have received our order in full by September. We understand many of you have placed preorders and have been waiting along with us to get these picks, please bare with us just a little bit longer, We appreciate your patience more than you know! If you no longer wish to remain on the preorder list, please contact us via email or website contact and we will be glad to refund or provide you Store credit to be applied to any future purchase with Jeffran College.”

Mark Hershey

New York, USA
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2018 12:17 pm    

Mike Wheeler wrote:
Mark, take the unopened package to the shipper and tell them to return it to the sender...but you need to do it very soon. There is usually a time frame in which to do such things.

Or you could cancel your stop payment claim and just let the money go to Jeffran.

There's no need to assign negative motives to Jeffran.

You are right I made an assumption, I don't know the reason why they shipped it. It's possible they never saw my claim and went forth. I'm just annoyed and let the emotion get to me.

Going to contact my bank to figure out what they advise and go from there.

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2018 12:28 pm    

Hook Moore wrote:
Email from Jeffran College today
“We apologize for the less than satisfactory customer service provided during our Leave/Close of Office over July-Beginning of August. We had pressing Business matters that required our immediate attention away from the office. One of these matters being our highly anticipated restock of our Jeffran Picks. We have been ensured by contract that we will have received our order in full by September. We understand many of you have placed preorders and have been waiting along with us to get these picks, please bare with us just a little bit longer, We appreciate your patience more than you know! If you no longer wish to remain on the preorder list, please contact us via email or website contact and we will be glad to refund or provide you Store credit to be applied to any future purchase with Jeffran College.”

At least you got the courtesy of an explanation email. Not so for all of us.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?