The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Emmons LL2, Bob, Please Close this up - no interest
Barry Yasika

Bethlehem, Pa.
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2019 8:06 pm    

This quitar came from Detroit originally and sadly the owner has left this world. I got in 2000 and have babied it since I got it. It's been gigged, but cleaned after every gig. I suppose a few smoke filled bars but smoking got phased out with in 4 months of me getting this Jewell. I'ts got the 1/2 stop on the second string which once I got used to using ended up a with a double neck with 1 Stop, throws me a bit now. I played several emmons before, a few push pulls, the first first LeGrande all Pull but for me the L2's and L3's are where the steal guitar world should be heading. I wonder who the next Fender and Gibson will be in the steel guitar world. Who knows I'll be long gone. Here's a link if ya wanna here the guitar. Both have some effects in the tracks and some with just a but of reverb and a compressor. The other's, reverb, Delay, Jimi Hendrix Voodoo effect but the bottom like is they are both the same axe I didn't own the double neck at the time so it is what it is. https://www.reverbnation.com/barryyasika
Now I have stated that there is no magic steel guitar that'll make us sound like who ever our hero's are right (Mike Johnson's my personal Favorite) It's you, you have to commit to playing licks, scales and runs till you can to it in your sleep. It has to be just like signing your name You can get there with this axe, well that and 3 big ones. I use to need two guitars cuz setting up on and off the road was such a drag. It's a clean axe, I know of know problems with it. Emmons set up, E's on the left. I knida need to money for my little princess, please do not fall victim to Sympathy, but the fact is, I got a real sick kid. She had Edwards Syndrome or Trisomy 18 (google it if you feel the spirit). Otherwise I guess I'll just keep in a box. Don't know for sure but with Emmons out of Business and least for now, this "could" be some of what the of the future are looking for, might take several years but I don't have the time to spend waiting and hoping. You'll be getting a good one. Watch the opry and count the Emmons you see on that stage. Might even be you one night, Hell, I'd might even come to see ya if I live long engough and more importantly if stee; guitars don;t end up becoming the the next Autoharp . Love you guys, that's for looking Quote From Hebie Wallace even when he was playing the Mullens (which I understand are outrageous guitars) He one told me "There's Emmons, and then there's everything else". "Bob" I think Suckerberg beat ya to the punch on uploading pictures. I got a slplitting head ache trying to do that. Small price to pay for such a wonder sight thought. Thanks for making it all Happen.. The pics of the steel except the last one. SHe's my angel and what keeps going. I can't ust the the guitar or you feel it to high I understand, for it could go either way. So that's fine with me. Trades? Maybe but not a reliced guitar some nut case says is with 4 thought. If has me all relied (beat up) new guitars show be on sale Wal-Mart. Price really kind of has to be firm. Ya might could get the Princess to give ya a good deal on her tele, but man to build that thing cost me about 7 bills and that was cuz I bought the body dirt cheap. Cool axe that but probably not be for sale. By the way I originally want to add the 5th lever to lower the b's. But even if I did the work myself at best I'd be lucky to get my money back just for the parts to do it. However, It can be done and now That I use mine on the double neck. I have No need to add one on this guitar. Any questions, need more pics, let me know but let me email them to you. It too 23 hours to up upload these.

Last edited by Barry Yasika on 13 Feb 2019 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Barry Yasika

Bethlehem, Pa.
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2019 2:55 am     Franklin Drop on the 4th pedal

I forgot to mention I added the Franklin drop on the 4th pedal. It's pretty cool to use for endings of songs on the lower strings.