The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sweetwater, TX PSG Clinic Oct. 15-17?
Jody Cameron

Angleton, TX,, USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2018 8:06 am    

This is a reminder of the upcoming event. I need a head count of who will be attending. I’m not asking for a deposit this year, so please Email me at emmonsd10@yahoo.com if you are planning to attend. Here is a synopsis of the class:

This year we will take a look at both E9 and C6 tunings. I will share my approach to playing the melody and improvising over chord changes. Mickey Adams will share his mechanical and musical knowledge as well. I’m aiming to cover all levels. We will study several songs in their entirety. There will be an opportunity to look over and play the new MSA guitar also, if you are interested.

There will be three days of instruction. 6 hrs. per day. Also there will be opportunities for private lessons with myself or Mickey in the evenings from 7 to 9pm. You will need your steel, seat, accessories and preferably a headphone amp so you can hear yourself.
Motel or sleeping arrangements are up to you. There is room for RVs but no hookups.
It will take place at the Sweetwater VFW building, Avenger Field Road, Sweetwater TX. This will be a great clinic at a reasonable price. If you are interested, please contact me.

Jody Cameron

Angleton, TX,, USA
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2018 5:38 am    

Still have a couple of spots available for the clinic in Sweetwater. Email me at emmonsd10@yahoo.com to reserve one. Thanks.

Rex Mayfield

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2018 12:40 pm    

This is an opportunity well worth the time and money. You won't find a better player/teacher/friend to spend 3 days with than Jody Cameron. And, as a bonus,, Mickey Adams will be there to help out. Gobs of useful material in a hands-on setting. I urge anyone with the desire to further your playing skills to take advantage of this. It only comes around once a year folks! RM

Rex Mayfield

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2018 6:55 am    

It sounds like the class is almost full, but if I understand correctly, there may be 2 or 3 spots still available. This opportunity is only days away, so if you want in, you should email Jody at the above email address to confirm your place. Gonna be a good-un! RM

Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2018 8:16 am    

Getting packed up for Sweetwater today...!...ill have strings, mechanics DVDs and copies of my book available, as well as adjustments and minor repairs!...
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!