The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Has anyone ever dealt with Wilde pickups?
Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 30 Jul 2018 11:55 am    

On July 6th, I placed an order with Wilde for a 12 string XR-16 pickup. Used PayPal so I know they got money. It's been like 3 weeks now, and I haven't even gotten a confirmation of any kind for the order.

I have tried twice to email Becky, and they get returned as undeliverable. I tried calling twice this morning without gettkng through, and texted the number as per their contact page.

They say they have a 1 to 4 week turnaround, which is cool, but they should at least have some kind of communication. Tomorrow morning I will contact PayPal.

James Collett

San Dimas, CA
Post  Posted 30 Jul 2018 12:28 pm    

I bought a pickup from them last year. They were a little slow, but it arrived within the schedule window. I do remember it being a little tricky getting ahold of them, but I think they were moving their shop location at the time.

Doug Earnest

Branson, MO USA
Post  Posted 30 Jul 2018 12:48 pm    

I have bought pickups from them a few times. You may as well forget about talking to anyone or getting emails. You will likely get an automatically generated email soon that says your pickup has been shipped.
I suppose they are very busy making guitar pickups and choose this "non communication" method so as to not have someone on the phone constantly.

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 30 Jul 2018 1:08 pm    

Thanks guys. I'll just wait until it shows up.

Olli Haavisto

Jarvenpaa,Finland
Post  Posted 30 Jul 2018 1:48 pm    

I want to buy a Lawrence 12-string pup, too.
If it`s hard through Wilde, are there any retailers online who sell them?

Mitchell Smithey

Dallas, USA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2018 6:50 pm    

Maybe I can shed some light on this. They only wind one type of pickup at a time, that includes every pickup they make for 6 strings as well. As I understand it when you order a pickup, it gets added to the list for the next run of that model. In other words they have no back stock. Sometimes you get one in a week sometimes it takes 5 weeks.
I have been a fan of Bill’s work for many years and am glad we can still get them.

Doug Earnest

Branson, MO USA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2018 8:30 pm    

Mitchell, yes considering the relatively small amount of steel guitar pickups they make compared to the six string and bass markets it is a wonder they deal with us at all.

I love the XR16 pickups for my Encore guitars. They are nice and clear and fat and defined all the same time time, kind of like a P90 pickup.

I have never had any trouble actually getting the pickups, it is just getting confirmation that the order is in process that is a bit of an issue. You pay your money and wait patiently. I'm good with that.

George Macdonald

Vancouver Island BC Canada
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2018 10:01 pm     Lawrence 12 string XR-16

I ordered an LXR-16 12 string pickup from Becky at Wilde pickups on June 14 and they shipped it on June 26. They did notify me when it was being shipped with a tracking number. I've tried several different pickups in my Carter over the years, but the XR-16 is my favorite.