The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Ozark Steel Guitar Association Super Show
Eddie Lane

Branson, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2018 4:16 pm    

I had a ball playing the show this year in Branson! All of the steel guitarists had great sets. I can't say too much about the band: Wayne Massengale, Dino Strunk, Matt Henshaw, Jimmy Hyde, Garrett Massengale, Russ Weaver, and Roy Rosetta. OUTSTANDING! Courtlandt Ingram's crew did a superb job on the sound! Charlie
Steichen, (Club President), and Rosemary worked many hours putting this show together. Plus all the work the other club officers did. And of course that's to everyone to came to the shows!

Eddie Lane

Branson, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2018 4:19 pm    

Sorry about the double post. I guess my mind is tired.

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jul 2018 7:50 am    

Eddie, we had a good time at the show and was especially blown away by the band. Every set was great and the sound was exceptional. I look forward to the next show. Thanks to the OSGA staff for making us welcome and putting on such a wonderful event.

Bob Tuttle

Republic, MO 65738
Post  Posted 30 Jul 2018 10:21 am    

Eddie, it was great to get to visit with you. Getting to see a lot of my friends was a bonus. The band did a stellar job backing me up on my set, as well as all the other players they accompanied. It was a wonderful show and I can't wait till next year.

Terry Wood

Marshfield, MO
Post  Posted 30 Jul 2018 3:41 pm    

Eddie Lane, you are so right! Great Show this year and your right the backup band was superb! Thanks to everyone who played and everyone who made Zane and I feel welcome! We had a wonderful time. See Y'all down the road. God bless!

Rhonda Lindsay

Jefferson City, MO
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2018 12:24 pm    

Let me add my thank you for a great weekend of steel guitars and country music. I just LOVE this stuff. It’s always great to see old friends and make new ones. A special congratulations to Dino Strunk for being named Honoree of the Year and to Jack Musgrave for Steel Player of the year. Both are such deserving fellas. Already looking forward to next year.

Michael McGee

Everton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2018 1:12 pm    

My thanks to the OzSGA board for another GREAT show this year and for asking me to be a small part of it!

I echo and add accolades for an incredible group put together for the staff band. Wayne, Jimmy, Dino, Russ, and Roy - INCREDIBLE JOB!!!

I want to thank Travis Scott, Eddie Asher, and Max King for their great vocals on my set. Super performances!

Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2018 1:52 pm    

Thanks for inviting me to play the show. A special thank you to my back up band. Wayne, Dino, Billy, Buddy, and Roy. Also thanks to Eddie Asher, and Ernie Jackson who sang on my set.
I always enjoy seeing many friends. Also, enjoy hearing the many great players. Charlie and his crew put in many hours of hard work to produce this show. Charlie and crew, remember this--- we appreciate what you do for all of us!

R Crow

Hectorville, OK USA
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2018 2:27 pm     Super Show

I had a blast again this year. This always feels more like a family reunion than a show.

Charlie & everyone involved, Keith has it right, we appreciate all that you do.

Thanks for letting me play.

Rick

Jason King

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2018 5:23 am    

It was a very nice show.Congratulations and thank you to every one that put so much time and effort into making this possible.

Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2018 6:34 am    

Many thanks to the Ozark Steel Guitar Asso.
My hat is off to the Band, great job as usual.
Charlie & crew, thank you for the invite, and the great job you all did putting on this Show.
Thanks to all the Ladies that brought food, although I didn't get to eat any (diet)
Congratulations to all the Award winners.
It was great to be back after missing 2 or 3 years.
Already looking forward to the next one. Very Happy

Charlie Steichen

Branson West, MO, USA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2018 3:56 pm    

On behalf of the OzSGA staff, I just wanted to thank the band, all the players, the folks who brought all the goodies, and all who came to enjoy 3 days of great music. Your support makes all the work totally worth it. I also want to thank Eddie Lane for taking care of the Emcee duties, Orchard Sound & Video for sound, and the Stone Castle Hotel for working with us so graciously.

If you are missing anything, give me a call
@ 417-294-1268. I have a few items that were left in the set-up room.

Charlie Steichen

JoAnn Kreder

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2018 7:06 pm     2018 OSGA show

The show was sooo much fun! I am in awe of the great musicians that play at these shows. The steel players who make me wonder what I'm doing playing in the same room as such talent to the awesome band who carry me and make me sound the best I can! And especially to everyone who enjoys my music, thank you! I am very honored to get to play the show. A lot of work goes into putting the show on so that we can get together and enjoy each other & the music. Thanks to all of you who do so much!

Michael Beasley

Holts Summit MO
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2018 1:52 pm     Osga 2018

What a great weekend with old friends and new ones. Band was great, players were great and Charlie and crew super job. Can’t wait till we can do it again. Charlie thanks for the invitation.

Tobin Hess

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2018 7:19 pm    

I had a wonderful time as well. This was my first year going and I loved every second of it.

Thanks,
Tobin

Leland Ogle

Baxter Springs, Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2018 3:39 pm    

Thank you so much for the invite. We really enjoyed ourselves. Sorry we couldn't stay longer. Met some people and made some contacts for the KS show in October.

Martha Randall

Hollister, MO
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2018 3:25 pm    

It was a great weekend. still working on pix!

Beverly Harris

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2018 3:20 am     Branson Show

I always enjoy Branson, whether it is a monthly jam, the SUPER jam, or playing on the show. You guys have lots of great band members and support folks and I always have a good time with you.
By the way, for those of you who know me well, you know how trilled I was to get the Andy Williams Christmas Extravaganza room in the hotel!! LOL Actually it was the only room available by the time that I knew we could attend. It was definitely Christmas in July.

Roy Rosetta

Nederland, Texas.. On the Texas Gulf Coast
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2018 7:16 pm    

Sorry I'm a bit tardy on this post, but I've been busy and out of pocket. Barbara and I would like to thank Charlie, Rose Mary and the fine Ozark Steel
Guitar Organization for having us be a part of this great show. We're looking forward to next year and being with the great musicians in the band and with all the fine steel guitar players. If I may quote Beverly Harris "it was Christmas in July".
Thanks again to all,
....Roy and Barbara

Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2018 7:44 am    

Roy, I want to complement you on your great piano playing on my set. Especially on the weird off the wall 1962 Acker Bilk song, "Stranger On The Shore". For me it was like jumping out of an airplane, trying to play a song made famous by a jazz clarinet player. I had no idea what would happen when I started. I feared the worst, because there were no charts the band could follow. To my surprise Wayne played the melody, and you played a wonderful ride on the piano. I was probably crazy for trying the song, but I just had to see what would happen.