The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  PLEASE CLOSE Tabacco Sunburst Rittenberry SD-10
Steve English

Baja, Arizona
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2018 2:53 pm    

Rittenberry Pedal Steel Guitar SD-10 3/5 Emmons setup $2400.00 shipped CONUS

SD-10 w/pad, 3pedals/5 knee levers, Front apron is wood with Tobacco Sunburst finish. All other surfaces (top and rear) are Formica/Birdseye maple pattern. Guitar is standard factory height (no extensions or reductions). Setup is typical Emmons with E’s on left (LKL raises E’s to F’s, and LKR lowers E’s to Eb’s). RKL raises high F# to G#, and high Eb to Db. RKR lowers high Eb to C# with half stop at D, and lowers low D to C#. The vertical knee lever lowers both G# to G. Originally the guitar came with the VKL lowering Bb’s to B’s, I think, however I never used the vertical lever, but do have pictures of the original setup, holes used, etc. and will be happy to include them in the sale. The guitar is very easy to alter/adjust. The leg pouch doubles as a full cover for the guitar.

Modifications include extensions for two of the Left knee levers and a custom wood piece for comfort and adjust-ability for the vertical knee lever. All three extensions simply clip on and can be removed in seconds with no tools necessary. The extensions look and feel excellent and do not inhibit any personal adjusting of the levers. They also fold up in the case with no dis-assembly required. These extensions were created for my comfort as I have short legs. They have been in use since I have owned the guitar. These extensions can be removed instantly if not needed and require no tools.

I am the original owner having purchased this guitar from Steel Guitars Nashville/Bobbe Seymore on 7-22-2009. Here’s a link to a thread that I posted on right after I received the Rittenberry (plus pics of several of my other guitars) https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=1425249&sid=0dca1bcfbb8287a0d5ceba2a77e7158b
Many other posts can be found by doing a search for Steve English + Rittenberry.

This guitar has been meticulously maintained. It was always my primary guitar out of 4-5 guitars owned over the past 10 years. I have never touched the chrome on the legs with my bare hands. I always used pieces of non-slip shelving material to grip the legs during setup and take-down. Having owned a number of steels for lengthy periods, I have seen the chrome oxidize and peel off due to constant assembly/disassembly, and did not want that to happen to this one. Same with the handling of the pedal bar. This habit over the years has kept all the routinely handled pieces in beautiful condition. There is one small piece of this material lying between the neck and pad in the pictures, this is where I place the bar when not in use.
Note: I’ve had a number of operations on both hands over the last 20 years and this method of using this material has greatly helped my grip when handling the guitar.

The case is original and built by Fred Justice for Rittenberry. It is in excellent condition. I’ve sold and shipped approximately 15 guitars and know how to pack them for optimum results. I typically supply pics of the entire packing process for your peace of mind. I will only ship in the CONUS.

The guitar is a “95” out of “100” as for as condition, has that fabulous Rittenberry tone, and is simply a pleasure to play. I am retiring from the performing aspect due to ongoing medical issues and will keep my Stage One for personal home use for a little longer. The Rittenbery is gorgeous on stage, sits beautifully in the mix, and has been a premium instrument for me over the years, never experienced an issue with this one.

Price includes shipping/insurance in the CONUS. $2400.00 shipped. Paypal add 3%. All forms of payment must clear before shipment of guitar.

Last edited by Steve English on 29 Jul 2018 6:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

Patrick Layher

Buffalo WY, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2018 5:18 pm     Rittenberry

PM sent.

Pat

Steve English

Baja, Arizona
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2018 5:33 pm    

sold pending payment.

Jeff Bond

Rockford, Michigan, USA