The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Wet Reverb Mono or Stereo?
Barry Coker

Bagley Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2018 2:00 pm    

I am thinking about trying a Wet Reverb for a small light weight rig. The Wet Reverb seems to be very highly thought of here on the Forum. My question is which would be better the Mono or the Stereo version? as the price is very close both new and used between the two which would be the best bang for the buck?

Thanks Barry

Paul Sutherland

Placerville, California
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2018 2:21 pm    

I have the mono. I don't play in stereo so there is no reason for a stereo pedal as far as I can tell. I am very happy with the pedal.

Brooks Montgomery

Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2018 2:37 pm    

Mono here too. Great simple little pedal. Great 'verb tone.

Bob Bender

Left Coast Florida
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2018 2:45 pm    

The stereo version has firmware that allows it to emulate any of their other pedals i.e. delay,shimmer,etc. I’ve owned both and the mono is a stellar sounding reverb, so good, I didn’t need delay.

Last edited by Bob Bender on 25 Jul 2018 5:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2018 5:08 pm     Wet Reverb mono or stereo

I have had the mono for a couple of years now and I am not really interested in hearing anything else. I used to have an RV-3 and it's clone, the Beringer DR 400. Before that, a Lexicon MPX-1 with all the pro's settings by Buddy Castlebury. At present I have a TC Electronics M-1. The Wet Reverb beats them all by a mile to my ears. There is one for sale on the forum right now.

As far as mono or stereo, unless you are using a Stereo Steel amp or some other rig to go stereo with two amps and speakers, you don't need the stereo version. I just got a Stereo Steel amp a few weeks ago so I am interested in a stereo version.

You will love the mono version. Mine only has two knobs. Like mentioned above, the reverb is so good, I don't use delay any more. If you listen real close, you can hear a slight delay. Without the Wet Reverb, the quality of my sound is just not there.

George Redmon

Muskegon & Detroit Michigan.
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2018 12:26 am    

Wasn't there a version of the mono wet reverb, that was suppose to sound better then the earlier or later versions? I think it was v2? I notice on the new offering, they don't have a version on it. How does the new Wet Reverb Mono stack up against the earlier versions?

Gary Peaslee

Hideaway, TX USA
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2018 1:55 pm    

I have the stereo Wet Reverb. It has a third knob which changes the tone of the reverb tail. Brightening the tone makes for a more vintage sound which I find very useful. The stereo feature also works great for recording when both channels are panned. This really makes the reverb sound huge. So for the small price difference, there are many more options with the stereo version.

George Redmon

Post  Posted 26 Jul 2018 2:06 pm    

That's good to know. I will sure keep that in mind. Thanks for passing that along gary. They are great reverb pedals.

Eric Philippsen

Central Florida USA
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2018 11:49 am    

Been using the mono version for several years now. Great pedal. The stereo version has more features but I wouldn’t use them. I stopped doing a stereo setup some time ago. Too much to haul around and hook up. Now, for most gigs I travel light and with as few amp & effects knobs as possible looking back at me. I’m amazed sometimes at setups that have a huge amount of controls. A Sarno V8 with a Wet Reverb mono pedal into a TC Furlong Split 12 gives me 5 knobs.

gary pierce

Rossville TN
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2018 1:51 pm    

I have to place the Wet Reverb after the steel, and before the Hilton VP to get the best results.
For some reason having it after the VP the Wet barely comes on at lower volumes unless the volume pedal is down a bit.

Jim Cooley

The 'Ville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2018 1:58 pm    

I have a Mono V2. It has the same tone knob as the stereo version.

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2018 3:36 pm    

The current stereo reverb pedal is now the Immense Reverberator. It uses the Wet Reverb Version 2 algorithm and for $30 more offers Stereo and 2 more knobs. One to select the reverb type and one to vary the effect. The extra functions are not that useful for steel but I love the modulated reverbs I've used on other reverb stomp boxes for lead guitar.

https://neunaber.net/collections/pedals/products/immerse

The mono Wet Reverb now has a tone control and includes the version 2 algorithm:

https://neunaber.net/collections/pedals/products/wet-reverb-v4

If you've never had a reverb tone control you'll probably never need or miss it. However, the reverberated signal is a HUGE part of what you hear and the tone control audibly affects the tone of what you hear quite a bit. I used the tone control on my Allen amp a lot when switching between steel and guitar.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

George Redmon

Post  Posted 27 Jul 2018 8:21 pm    

Greg, do you use it, brighter on guitar? Roll the highs off for steel? How exactly do you yourself use the tone control?

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2018 8:12 am    

I use it brighter on the tele and less treble on the steel. I know I wouldn't miss the tone control on the reverb if it wasn't there, and it's not totally necessary. But It is useful for my guitars.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Barry Coker

Bagley Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2018 11:26 am     Wet Reverb Mono ro Stereo?

Thanks guys for all the feedback sounds like ether would be a good choice.

Thanks Again Barry

Chuck Johnson

California, USA
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2018 10:16 am    

The stereo version is one of the most useful pedals I have, because of the aforementioned ability to switch it to any of the other Neunaber stereo fx. I also use the EXP controller which allows you to store 4 different effects with 2 presets each on the main pedal. https://neunaber.net/collections/pedals/products/exp

Very much worth the extra cost.

Barry Coker

Bagley Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2018 2:57 pm     Wet Reverb Mono or Stereo

Just an update found a used Stereo Wet Reverb $125.00 and free shipping should be here in a couple of days.

Thanks again for the input guys.

Barry

Tony Glassman

The Great Northwest
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2018 3:49 pm    

How does the wet reverb compare sound-wise to any of the Lexicon MX200 reverbs.......Upgrade? Similar? Downgrade?