The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Big Tom
James Taylor

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2018 9:37 am    

Big Tom was probably the best liked Irish Country star at this side of the Atlantic and he died on 17 April 2018. I thought I would include his name as I have not seen it mentioned before. He had a lovely ,smooth relaxing baritone voice and he will be very sadly missed for his excellent contribution to country music spanning over fifty years.
JIM TAYLOR

James Taylor

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2018 11:35 am     Big Tom

I should have mentioned that there are videos of Tom on you tube and there is an excellent video there too on his life and at home in his local community. He was a real country star and loved as a person at home in Ireland and throughout the UK. Sadly missed. JIM TAYLOR

James Taylor

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2018 1:00 pm     Memory of Big Tom

A large ceremony held at Castleblany in Ireland for the unfolding of a bronze statue of BIG TOM built in the town square.

Len Ryder

Penticton B.C.
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2018 11:58 am    

I listen to Birdhill Radio online from Ireland and his name comes up often and yes nice, pleasing voice.

James Taylor

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2018 11:36 am    

Thank you LEN, Yes he was a true Country artist and acted as did the best of them in that he was a: kind, warm, gentle and generous gentleman. Not long before he died they did a large show in appreciation to him. He was a very modest man and well liked throughout the UK as well as Ireland and recently a Bronze statue was erected to his memory.

Best wishes JAMES TAYLOR

James Taylor

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2018 11:36 am    

Thank you LEN, Yes he was a true Country artist and acted as did the best of them in that he was a: kind, warm, gentle and generous gentleman. Not long before he died they did a large show in appreciation to him. He was a very modest man and well liked throughout the UK as well as Ireland and recently a Bronze statue was erected to his memory.

Best wishes JAMES TAYLOR