The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Thanks to a very trusting friend to loan me this guitar
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2018 10:39 am    

It takes a very good friend with lots of confidence in someone to loan out this kind of guitar.

I had occasion a couple weeks ago to help a friend do a show. I have nearly given up playing, but I've known this guy since he was a young 'un and his family for longer than that.

When I got the call my guitar is out of commission, so I mentioned it to a very good friend who doesn't play too much anymore. He graciously offered to let me take this beautiful lacquer finished Derby down to the Honky Tonk.

It's a great playing and sounding instrument and I'm deeply grateful to him.

I bought a Derby from Charlie back in the 90's, so I know the quality and tone of these and it was good to sit behind one again.

As Justin Wilson would say "won't that purty?"

Notice how Charlie inlaid his lacquer guitars on the front and the back so you could see it when sitting behind it and everybody knows that's my favorite color Very Happy

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2018 6:28 pm    

Jerry that is a beautiful guitar and I am sure that your friend knew you would take good care of it...that is a good friend indeed...sorry to hear you have almost given up playing tho...that has to be tough !
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp