The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  What's A Good 12" Speaker
Skip Ellis

Bradenton, Fl USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2018 10:21 am    

I used the SICA 12"neo for a long time and liked it but sold it somewhere along the way. Just wondering what's a good 12" these days for just E9th. Would prefer 4 ohm as I will be powering it with my MB200. I still have the original cabinet (open back) that I built so just need the speaker. I have a Peavey Scorpion in it presently but not thrilled with the tone. My Evans is just too heavy for the old back and want to go back to my lightweight rig: Fessy => Dispatch Master Reverb/Delay=>MB200=>cabinet. Might sub the DV Mark Micro Jazz 50 for the MB200 occasionally. Any thoughts?

gary pierce

Rossville TN
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2018 10:29 am    

I'm using two Telonics 12-4 with my SS, and have been happy with them. I would also consider the Travis Toy, TT 12" if I were looking for one.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2018 10:48 am    

I have a TT-12 NEO speaker. Its not my main speaker but does well for both steel and a Tele.

Dale Foreman

Crowley Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2018 11:53 am     Speaker

I'm using the Eminence TT 12 in my Nashville 112. I've also installed the mods and the EPS 12c in some of my fiddling friends 112's and they all sound great. Actually, the original Blue Marvel in the 112's are great sounding speakers as well!.

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2018 4:37 pm    

Real happy with the Eminence Double-T 12 Travis Toy Signature Speaker in my Encore tube amp. It's great on E9th, good on C6 and good on tele guitar if not a perhaps a tad lacking in treble with the tele.

http://www.gregcutshaw.com/Allen%20Encore%20Guitar%20Amp/Allen%20Encore%20Guitar%20Amp.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2018 8:13 pm     What's a good 12" speaker

I really like my Eminence PF-350, but it is heavy.Just got a Stereo Steel amp, so I will be building another cabinet. I am going to try a TT-12 neo in it.