The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Junior Brown, massive talent!
Len Amaral

Rehoboth,MA 02769
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2018 2:41 pm    

Friday night at the Narrows Center for Performing Arts, Junior Brown did a 2 hour show and brought the house down. What energy and goes from Tele to the steel during the show in almost every song. He threw a pick that landed on my table and I got an autographed CD at the end o& the night.

Go to YouTube and in the search, type in Junior Brown with The Beach Boys. Great video.

Doug Earnest

Branson, MO USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2018 2:40 pm    

I had not seen that CD, I'll have to get it. Yep, that Junior is one of a kind and way too talented. It turns out he just lives a couple of miles down the road from me. I run into Tanya Rae at the grocery store every now and then.

Len Amaral

Rehoboth,MA 02769
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2018 4:01 pm    

Junior is real gentlemen and has been touring for many years. He really enjoys what he does👍🎶

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2018 2:20 pm    

I remember the first time I saw Junior's "Highway Patrol" video, I wondered how he did the siren sound, and then I noticed the guit-steel. When I first saw the guit-steel, I wondered what the instrument was called-a guitar with a lap steel underneath. I later found out that there are two guit-steels Junior's played, named "Old Yeller" and "Big Red". The guit-steel was a dream Junior had one night, where he could play both without plugging one instrument in while unplugging another instrument. So, Junior took the idea to guitar maker Michael Stevens, and the guit-steel was born in 1985! "Big Red" is now an orange color.

Brett, Jackson Blackjack Custom SD-10, Gretsch G9210 Boxcar Dobro
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Godfrey Arthur

3rd Rock
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2018 7:51 am    

I like the surf medley. And yeah the Beach Boys video is choice!

Stevens guit-steel

Fred Treece

California, USA
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2018 10:10 am    

I saw him in a Louisville bar back in the 90’s. I don’t suppose the quintuple threat (singer, songwriter, guitarist, steeler, unique character) has done anything but gotten better since then.