The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  eminence Deltalite
Nick Waugh

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2018 7:34 am    

Hi All

I found a uk dealer for this speaker that does the 4 ohm version. My only issue is that rather than listing it as 2512 as all other dealers do, it is listed as 2512 - C.

Here is the link:

http://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?id=EMIDLIT2512C

I checked out the spec and net weight is 5.1Ibs - shipping weight is 6.8Ibs. Other dealers state the net weight as 6.8Ibs.

Is the 2512 - C a difference version of the 2512 ?

Alan Murphy

N Ireland
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2018 2:11 pm    

Hi Nick,

Sorry I can't answer your question.

I have two Eminence speakers EPS-15C and the PF-350 both marketed as Pedal Steel speakers.

Are you thinking of using this speaker for steel guitar, or another application ?

I have lately come to the conclusion that the type of speaker makes a massive difference to the final tone and they are all very different !

Nick Waugh

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2018 5:38 am    

Yes Alan I am planning to use this for pedal steel. I have a Milkman mini and I want this to go in a cab that I am going to use an extension speaker for the Milkman. It has to be four ohms and this limits my choices. The telonics neo is available in four ohms and as for as I can see it is based on the eminence Deltalite, which is much cheaper so I thought I would for that.

Steven Paris

Los Angeles
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2018 2:23 am    

You can email Anthony Lucas at Eminence---he's an engineer there who has been really helpful.

Tommy Boswell

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2018 4:42 am    

Nick, I've tried both Deltalite and Telonics (15s,not 12s) and they are very different sounding. I get much cleaner sound and string separation with the Telonics, really cuts through the mix better than the Deltalite. But I have an Evans amp, not a Milkman, so your experience might be different.

What speaker do you have in the Milkman? Just wondering why you need 4 ohms for an extension cab? Do you plan to use the extension cab and the amp speaker together?

Dave Beaty

Mesa, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2018 3:56 pm     Different Drivers

Nick,
Just for the sake of accuracy, the Telonics speakers are unrelated to the Deltalite.
The Deltalite was one of many existing drivers which were tested and studied prior to embarking on a 2 1/2 year effort to develop the TSNEO speakers for use with our amplifier systems. We would have 'gladly' incorporated any of the drivers that were currently available if we had found them capable of fulfilling our stringent requirements.

As you have correctly observed, it does, in fact, cost more to achieve such results.

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2018 5:36 am    

I emailed Eminence on the 18th, but never got an answer. Oh Well

Why speaker manufacturers get so locked into one impedance is beyond me. I think they'd be surprised to learn how many aftermarket sales they're losing because they offer certain speakers in 4-ohm or 8-ohm versions, but not both. Maybe the reason is their aftermarket sales are small, and they don't realize it's their decisions that are causing that.

Alan Murphy

N Ireland
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2018 12:52 am    

Hi Donny

I have had some correspondance with Anthony Lucas (Design Engineer / Technical Support) he seems a good guy & should reply ok. His email is:

Anthony.Lucas@eminence.com

Just noticed Steven in an earlier post has also mention this same guy ..

Good luck,
alan..