The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Gold Tone Weissenborn question
Stuart Sawney

High Wycomb, Bucks, United Kingdom
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2018 7:02 am    

Hi, I am a member here in the UK. Can anybody help me with the dimensions of blanks for both NUT and SADDLE on a Gold Tone Weissenborn SD including thickness..I have just purchased a misused version. I collect it on Friday. No bridge pins, nut or saddle. I emailed Gold Tone who wanted $35-00 for parts and $35-00 shipping ( I am in the UK, though still very expensive ) they did not provide dimensions.So, I shall make my own and buy a set of generic bridge pins So if anyone can help ??? I also need string spacing dimension and string height at nut and saddle. I know I am asking a lot !!!, but somebody may have one, you never know...Thanks to all in advance. Best STUART

Stuart Sawney

Post  Posted 13 Jun 2018 4:01 am     Weissenborn Top crack

Hi again, I have the guitar now, 1st problem is that the book matched top join is pulling apart from the bridge to end of the bottom bout. Hairline crack. Needs to be glued !! any ideas ?? Can I do it myself ?? I do not want to string it up until this has been addressed. Thanks in advance. Best STUART

Nathan Laudenbach

Montana
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2018 5:02 am    

That guitar is dried out. before you get that crack fixed the instrument needs to be humidified. if the top is uneven across the crack you can use magnets to keep it flat while it rehydrates. I suggest you pay a professional to fix the crack AND replace the nut, saddle and pins.

Stuart Sawney

Post  Posted 13 Jun 2018 7:16 am    

Thanks Nathan, very helpful. Best STU