The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Ganz Straight Ahead Power Amp and Huff Cabinets
Danny Harrell

Livingston, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jun 2018 2:50 pm    

I just bought one of Jay Ganz's Straight Ahead Power Amps from a Forum member and wanted to share what I have found. I have two Tommy Huff cabinets with 15" 1501-4 Black Widow Speakers. This power amp is the greatest addition to my equipment that I have had in a while. In addition to Jay Ganz being a great guy, his power amp is awesome. It probably weighs less than a pound, is slightly larger that a reverb pedal, and provides clean un-colored 500 watts of power. I placed in inside one of my Tommy Huff cabinets, tied in the power and all I can say is WOW. This power amp has some punch. When coupled with my Tommy Huff Cabinet, it weighs in at 32 lbs. Very light, powerful clean little amp, and a great speaker cabinet. If you are looking for something lighter, like we all are, without tone loss, get you one of these Ganz Straight Ahead Power mini Power amps, couple it with a Tommy Huff speaker cabinet, and use your Profex II as the preamp and you are set, I mean really set to go. I like a lot of head room, and this power amp delivers. I wanted to share this, I am looking for another one of these power amps for my other cabinet. Jay Ganz is the best to deal with, as well as my friend Tommy Huff. Check them out!

George Redmon

Muskegon & Detroit Michigan.
Post  Posted 10 Jun 2018 5:48 pm    

I owned 2 of Jay's amps at one time. I sold one, and kept one. One night for the fun of it, we powered 2 18" subwoofer cabs with Jay's amp. Pumped out subsonic bottom end from those two big 18" folded horn monster cabs, and never even got warm. Built like a tank to.

Danny Harrell

Livingston, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2018 1:41 pm    

Hi George, you are right. These little amps are tough and loud. I have been looking for something lighter to carry and this amp sealed the deal with my Tommy Huff cabinets. There is plenty of power and head room and the amp is small and weighs less than a pound. I intend to buy a couple more, I am sold on these. Jay Ganz makes a quality product and so does Tommy Huff. Great combo. Jay and Tommy are good folks to do business with.