The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  RIP - Charles "Bud" Horvath
Bud Horvath

Arizona, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2018 12:04 pm    

My dad passed away 6/6/18 from a sudden heart attack. I know he treasured all the friends he made on this site. We are reaching out to anyone that might be interested in or know the value of the steel guitars and amps that he had. If you are interested, please feel free to email me at dad's email address steelinbud@hotmail.com and I would be happy to provide photos of his guitars and amps.

Larry Jamieson

Walton, NY USA
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2018 4:35 pm    

Bud, So sorry for the loss of your dad. Please accept my sincere sympathy and condolences.

If you post two or three pictures of each guitar in the Pedal steel section with a heading of "What are these guitars worth?" you will get several responses that can give you an idea of their value. Post pictures of the amps in the electronics section with a similar question.

Generally, if you sell them on the Forum it involves shipping which is expensive for guitars and amps. You can try for a local sale on your local craigslist under musical instruments.

Most of the Forum members are honest people and will not try to rip you off. However, it pays to be careful,
ask questions, and get payment by guaranteed funds before shipping anything. Good luck selling your items, feel free to ask questions here, and again, sorry for your loss.

Sam Marshall

Chandler, AZ USA
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2018 7:13 pm    

Sorry to learn of your father’s passing. I met him in April 2016 when I purchased a Emmons PP D10 from him. I picked it up at his home at Happy Trails in NW metro Phoenix.

I recall he also had an Excel guitar there. I believe it was an 8 string configured in an A6 tuning. I also think Bud mentioned having 2 of these guitars.

Respectfully,
Sam

Fred Martin

Phoenix, Az
Post  Posted 10 Jun 2018 6:03 am     Bud

Sorry to hear about Bud. Played with him a few times. He had decided to stick with a non pedal and was selling the Emmons. He already had a deal going. Played a very nice looking Excel.