The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Gretsch G9210 Boxcar
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2018 1:04 pm    

It was around this time last year that I decided to play Dobro in addition to the pedal steel. I was thinking about how awesome it would be to play Dobro, and I was kinda gettin' ideas of what I'd like to have in a Dobro, so I decided I wanted one that doesn't plug in, mainly since my steel is electric. For awhile, I thought about a sunburst Dobro. In November of 2017, a friend of mine let me try out his all-metal Dobro(his Dobro was a roundneck) I tried it out and loved it! Then, on Christmas morning, I'd felt something in a box like a guitar case, and I wondered what it was. Then my dad brought my Dobro into the room-a Gretsch G9210 Boxcar! My first jam session with it was New Years Eve 2017, and it now goes with me to jam sessions on Friday nights and Monday nights, and to church on Sunday nights-I'm my church band's Dobro player. The Gretsch Boxcar is one awesome Dobro! I've given mine the nickname "Boxcar" because not only is it called a Gretsch Boxcar, but also because I love trains and boxcars are on trains too. I think Gretsch does a wonderful job building the Boxcar Dobro! Gretsch introduced the Boxcar in 2012 and it's got a wonderful sound and looks wonderful too!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Dave Stewart

Pensacola
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2022 10:55 am     Some Very Lovely Songs For A Very Nice Dobro

Here is a very nice song called: "Fireball" (originally composed by Josh Graves) to learn on the dobro. In this video you can watch Patrick Agius perform the song on his Gretsch G9210 dobro. What a great song to learn and play!

FIREBALL (SONG)

Here is Patrick's website where you can buy the video lesson, tabs and backing tracks for this song and several others...

FIREBALL (LESSON & BACKING TRACKS)

I also really like his course for the Country song: "Beneath Still Waters"...

BENEATH STILL WATERS (SONG)

BENEATH STILL WATERS (LESSON & BACKING TRACKS)

God bless