The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Guitar Effects VST
Gary Shepherd

Fox, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 19 May 2018 5:47 pm    

Which guitar effects do you guys use?

I plan to record some tunes while I'm done teaching for a few months. I have some free plugins and a few that came with Cakewalk iterations though the last 20 years or so.

I play country tunes so I'll need something for Strat and Tele sounds. I like Vince Gill, Alabama, Restless Heart, Alan Jackson, Garth, George (all of them), Gene Watson, Diamond Rio, etc.

What's my best option without breaking the bank?

Carter D-10 & Peavey Nashville 1000

www.16tracks.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Gary Shepherd

Fox, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 19 May 2018 5:50 pm    

I also intend to record some bluegrass tunes this summer but I doubt any guitar VST would be helpful on that.

Still, I'd be interested in ideas on this topic as well as the one above.

Furthermore, anyone interested in collaborating on some tunes? I could use a good fiddle player. Maybe piano.

Carter D-10 & Peavey Nashville 1000

www.16tracks.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Matthew Walton

Fort Worth, Texas
Post  Posted 26 Jun 2018 11:28 am    

I don't know what you consider breaking the bank, but the standard version of BIAS FX is $60. I used a light version I got via my audio interface manufacturer on some recordings I made a couple of years ago. I think it worked well, though it was a little fiddly to get a sound I really liked.

You can download a demo here: https://www.positivegrid.com/demo/

BIAS FX is "pick the amp or pedal from a list" level of detail. BIAS Amp and BIAS Pedal are "tweak the virtual circuitry" level of detail. I've never bothered messing with BIAS Amp or Pedal, but they're supposed to work well with each other. So you can customize a virtual amp to your liking, then bring it into BIAS FX to work with the premade totally-not-a-Tube-Screamer.

1981 MSA "The Universal" 9/5 | 2009 MSA S-12 SuperSlide | Peavey Nashville 112

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 26 Jun 2018 2:09 pm    

I have Guitar Rig 5 and TH3 that came with Sonar. Both have a lot of guitar models, amps, effects, etc. These came with Sonar Platinum or maybe an earlier version. I don't think the Cakewalk by BandLab has these, but if the version of Sonar you have now has these then the new BandLab version will also use them.

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2018 2:02 am    

this is it for me, on the front end ahead of the preamp. It's what I use on gigs, it sounds like me , it's what I am seeking. Crazy overdrive to exceptionally clean with everything in between.

I don't use any embedded VST's or Fender Amplitube , which I have, other than maybe a slight chorus or tremelo now and then.

over and out

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website