The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Jim Bob Gairrett
Drew Shoemaker

Tupelo Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2018 8:45 am    

A friend sent me a video of Jim Gairrett giving instruction to beginners like me,,, and it was very helpful, learning grips and bar movement, I was looking for more stuff on him but couldn't find anything ? it looked like it was a video lesson series , very simple instruction ( which i need )

Dave Dube

Post  Posted 16 May 2018 9:57 am    

Yep. That was the lesson on "in the mood."

It's always nice when an experienced pro can take the time to give a lesson or tip to the rest of us. I know most of us appreciate it.

If he ever decides to do another I am sure it will be well-received.

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2018 10:42 am    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSjPd-QsCE4

This is Jim's inaugural lesson. He is a renowned steel guitar player currently on tour with Sammy Kershaw. He just finished a 10-year stint with Kenny Chesney (and has some great stories). Your producer worked with him previously in "The Gairrett Brothers Band".

Quote from Jim just a while ago:

"Thanks, Gene. We have two more lessons in editing and are waiting on a new guitar for the setup lesson."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Jason Putnam

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2018 6:49 pm    

I wonder how old the video is because either he bought another guitar just like he had or it’s an old video because I have the Kenny Chesney Mullen in my basement! 🤔

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 17 May 2018 4:03 am    

Jim Bob's comment is from just 6 days ago so regardless of the age of the video, he is saying, as of 6 days ago, that 2 more lessons are in the works.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Mike Mantey

Eastern Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 17 May 2018 6:56 am    

Jim Bob is starting this new video course. It is going to be great! He is partnered with Mullen Guitars and you are going to get some really great instruction at a very high quality. He has only recorded the first three a few weeks ago. He will be returning back to the studio late this month. After that there should be 50 or so videos and I am assuming that will launch the series. He is doing a great job so far in my opinion.

Jason Putnam

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 17 May 2018 7:44 am    

Awesome. I was in no way doubting the information Greg. I was just curious if that was my guitar in the video or if he has another one just like it.

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 17 May 2018 8:55 am    

That's always a cool thing Jason! I owned the Big Jim Vest Sho-Bud for a while, same sort of deal.

Tony Dingus

Kingsport, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2018 7:09 pm    

I met Jim about 3 weeks ago at Farmbash in Gaston SC. I only got to hear him during sound check and he was great and the Mullen tone was great too. He was a super nice guy, during our set I just happened to look over and there sat Jim and gave me the thumb's up. Had a great conversation and he told me about the lessons. Looking forward to watching the rest of them.

Tony