The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  1960s Fender Stringmaster DLX (SOLD- Donation Sent)
Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 13 May 2018 8:22 pm    

SOLD Pending payment... Donation upon sale completion!

This Walnut 1960s Stringmaster Deluxe is in really nice shape and sings like a bird!

Comes with the telescoping legs and original hardshell case, tho one of the latches on the left won't stay down, it works just fine and stays shut.

PRICE DROP (see me) All shipping is done professionally, in a real box, with bubblewrap and all--you won't be disappointed! Laughing

NO TRADES, thanks (Exceptions are Clinesmith & short scale JB Frypan 8-Strings).

Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.

Last edited by Mark Helm on 14 Jun 2018 8:09 pm; edited 15 times in total

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2018 1:24 pm     $100 Price Drop

Great Guitar!
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.

Cartwright Thompson

Post  Posted 16 May 2018 2:11 pm    

Brown guitar

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2018 2:22 pm     Sorry, Cartwright....

Cartright.... Yer right! I actually thought the finish was "Walnut," but if you check the Fender catalogue, they were advertised as being "Black"; Looks brown to me, too.

Last edited by Mark Helm on 17 May 2018 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cartwright Thompson

Post  Posted 16 May 2018 2:56 pm    

In the late sixties and throughout the seventies they made guitars that were black. I was just pointing out that yours is a walnut and not black as was posted in your ad. The catalogue you posted shows a black guitar, it’s probably from the early eighties.

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2018 6:49 pm    

Cartwright Thompson wrote:
In the late sixties and throughout the seventies they made guitars that were black. I was just pointing out that yours is a walnut and not black as was posted in your ad. The catalogue you posted shows a black guitar, it’s probably from the early eighties.

Hmmm...the catalogue is from 1974, but--you're right, my guitar is from the early-mid-60s.
I THOUGHT it was walnut! Thanks!

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 21 May 2018 8:34 pm     Big Price Drop

Selling it for cost, more or less now.... But these ARE hard to find!

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2018 8:17 pm     Never....

Cartwright Thompson wrote:

I've never seen a solid black 6-string Stringmaster. Anybody have pics of a black one (not brown or walnut)?

Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 22 May 2018 8:55 pm    

Quote:
I've never seen a solid black 6-string Stringmaster. Anybody have pics of a black one (not brown or walnut)?

I've also seen a black Champ and a black quad. Fender made a few black ones toward the end of their steel guitar run, 1970s, early 80s.

Drew Howard

Post  Posted 23 May 2018 5:54 am    

I'm on my second Deluxe Eight, walnut.
They are hard to find.
Good luck on you sale.

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2018 10:17 am     TTT for a Price Drop

Price Drop! $1199 + 1/2 shipping

George Rozak

Braidwood, Illinois USA
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2018 4:15 pm    

Sent you an email Mark...

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2018 7:55 pm     SOLD - Donation Sent

Thanks, George (and Bob- Donation Sent- Pls. Close)