Author Topic:  John Russell. Negative feedback on my tab
John A. Russell

Norfolk, UK
Post  Posted 13 May 2018 6:37 am    

Hey all

gary morgan
2:59 PM (21 minutes ago)
to me
i m confused most people just post their tabs but for some unknown reason you chose not to thats ok on 2 different occassions i have requested tab on both request i was told i.e. not available , not on the list when you look @ the list you have coded is confusing so here is my proposal as i have my own code u can stick ur tabs up ur --- regards mate

I have tried to show what tab is available from my lists of tabs and ones which are not.

2018 tabs available, either until date shown, or if they don't have a (NPY) No Post Yet

All previous tabs are unavailable.

As shown here: -
https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=325587

As well as running a business, I try to play steel and share what little knowledge I have. There is a limit to what I can do, but I do, do my best.!

In future, to make it simpler and not confusing, I will endeavor to publish one tab per month, available for a month.

Gary as a gesture, I will send one tab from my 2017 list, if you still want one.

Sorry to cause a problem.

John Russell
Franklin S10, Telonics X10 pup, Telonics Volume Pedal, Telonics 500 Combo Amp, with Mike Johnson Tone, BJS Bar. Vox AC15C2, Fender Stratocaster, Music Man Albert Lee. Brent Mason Nashville Telecaster. Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb Amplifier.Cali76 Studio Compressor, Boss DM3 Delay. Hall & Collens Signature Echo unit.

gary pierce

Rossville TN
Post  Posted 13 May 2018 8:19 am    

Thanks for all the hard work, and great tabs John.

Don Kuhn

Poetry/Terrell ,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 13 May 2018 11:50 am    

Why is there always One that throws rocks. Based on his message that's really not the way to get things or make friends. Thanks for all the hard work you do on them and the professional looking tabs you put out for FREE.

Dave Dube

Post  Posted 13 May 2018 8:01 pm    

It seems to me that if an offer is made with stipulations or limitations you are free to take it or leave it.

Take it or leave it...Anything else is inappropriate.
Smh.

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 14 May 2018 7:34 am    

John,
Most people are diamonds but you do run into a lump of coal once in a while. Very Happy
Keep the faith!
Erv

Mike Marsh

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 14 May 2018 10:33 am     Thats not right....

What can you do??? There's always someone with a case....

Will Houston

Tempe, Az
Post  Posted 14 May 2018 12:09 pm    

Thanks for what you do... keep doin what your doin.

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 14 May 2018 1:47 pm    

John I've enjoyed the tabs I've got from you in the past and hope to enjoy more soon. We all appreciate your hard work!

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 14 May 2018 1:56 pm    

John I noticed you have walk through this world with me on your list.....did I overlook the thread or has it not made it yet? I only ask because I missed the cow oy rides away and I'd like to have a copy if you wouldn't mind.
jamesmorris3117@gmail.com

Thanks buddy, cheers!

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 15 May 2018 11:29 am    

John, You do great work, and don't take things like this to heart. You, like me, must be a very soft hearted persons, and as such, we take offense, to things very small. You have reached millions of people, and gave them skills, from your work. Bless you and just carry on. You will always have a few.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2018 8:12 am     Thanks a million....

John,
Thanks so much for the Shenandoah tablature, great job putting it all together. I appreciate all you do to help us with our learning process of the steel guitar. And as for those that, to say the least, are unappreciative of what friends like you do for the steel guitar world, lets see what they have to offer us.........and lastly, when a person does something for free they have the right to write the rules as they want to......thanks again John and please keep helping us out, you are very much appreciate on my behalf.

Steel buddy,

Allen Howington

Gregory Etchason

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2018 3:11 am    

Everyone on the forum should try to be civil.
But you still haven't explained why TABS become unavailable.
These are digital files. I must say John your system of dates makes little sense and you seem to be the only contributor to have this issue. It would seem easy enough if you get a request just put the attachment on the return email. If you need to be reimbursed then charge a nominal fee for your trouble.
I honestly don't get it.

John A. Russell

Norfolk, UK
Post  Posted 22 May 2018 4:03 am     MoNthly tabs

As from 31/05/2018.all my tabs will no longer be available.

Instead, I will try and post a Tab per month.

I am Busy with my business, but want to offer tab.

So I will do monthly tabs, to avoid any further confusion.

I don't charge for tab and hope that my efforts have helped some of you.

Sorry for any confusion, I am new at this.

Kind regards.

JR
Franklin S10, Telonics X10 pup, Telonics Volume Pedal, Telonics 500 Combo Amp, with Mike Johnson Tone, BJS Bar. Vox AC15C2, Fender Stratocaster, Music Man Albert Lee. Brent Mason Nashville Telecaster. Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb Amplifier.Cali76 Studio Compressor, Boss DM3 Delay. Hall & Collens Signature Echo unit.