The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Laptop Cooling Pad Power Cable
George Redmon

Muskegon & Detroit Michigan.
Post  Posted 9 May 2018 1:31 am    

Does anyone know where I might purchase a Laptop Cooling Pad Power Cable? It has a usb-A plug on one end, and the other end is a small round plug that plugs into the pad. Pretty much the industry standard for almost all cooling pads I think.

I'd like one about oh... 6 foot long or so. Something heavy duty, cloth or even metal jacketed. The only replacement cooling pad cable the manufacturer of the pad sells is the same 12" plastic junk that came with it. I'd appreciate any suggestions. I checked walmart, waste of time.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 9 May 2018 2:35 am    

Why do you want a 6' cable? It runs off of a USB port on the laptop and fits on the bottom of the laptop. If you want to run it off of some other 5VDC USB power adapter get a USB extension cable.

A google search for laptop cooler cable comes up with many different ones, no "standard" cable.

George Redmon

Muskegon & Detroit Michigan.
Post  Posted 9 May 2018 4:47 am    

Hi Jack, thanks for the suggestions. I run the cooler off a powered hub that sits on the floor. I would run it into another cable as an extension cord type of setup as you suggested, but the power cable is not together. It basically fell apart. So it's not working. I wanted to go from my cooling pad to my powered hub that sits on the floor. I am running a light,and a card reader, and a few other things electrical off the hub, prefer not to put those on my computer. I only have 3 usb ports on my laptop, and I have then used. Thanks for the idea though.