The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peavey 112 top cabinet lip
Malcolm McMaster

Beith Ayrshire Scotland
Post  Posted 8 May 2018 2:31 pm    

Just noticed an advert for the “ New” Peavey Nashville 112 and don’t know if it is just me but in the picture in advert it appears to have the top lip of cabinet still cut away, like the old model, that caused all the damage to the knobs on the control panel. I understood that Peavey were going to have a straight lip on the new model to sort this problem out, perhaps someone who has one can comment?
MSA Millenium SD10, GK MB200, Sica 12inch cab, Joyo American Sound Pedal/ Jay Ganz Straight Ahead amp, Telonics 15inch in Peavey cab, Digitech RP150, Peterson tuner.Hilton volume pedal.Scott Dixon seat and guitar flight case.

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 10 May 2018 2:02 pm     Nashville 112

I would guess that an earlier model was used for the photo, but the front edge has been "routed out" so that you can see the screen print above the controls.

Malcolm McMaster

Beith Ayrshire Scotland
Post  Posted 10 May 2018 9:54 pm    

Thanks Mike, that would explain it, that pic appears on a lot of adverts.
MSA Millenium SD10, GK MB200, Sica 12inch cab, Joyo American Sound Pedal/ Jay Ganz Straight Ahead amp, Telonics 15inch in Peavey cab, Digitech RP150, Peterson tuner.Hilton volume pedal.Scott Dixon seat and guitar flight case.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 11 May 2018 3:06 am    

Yep, I thought the 112 was going to be produced with a straight front like the Session 115.

I understand the reason to see the markings, but really thought the markings were going to be moved to the underside of the knob.

So the problem of breaking off knobs is still going to exist.

That said, I just bought a new NV112 and it is every bit as good as the original 112's that were made in the states.

So get you a good THICK cover and ALWAYs carry the amp with the back side next to you. And I try not to let anyone else carry my amp for this reason.

My new NV112 shown with what was my 1989 Zum. I just sold the Zum.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 11 May 2018 4:04 am    

A lighted panel is so easy to do, nowadays. I can't understand why more amp makers don't "see the light".

The old Shure Vocalmaster series PA created quite a stir when it was released because of that huge backlit front panel! Mr. Green

Malcolm McMaster

Beith Ayrshire Scotland
Post  Posted 11 May 2018 4:29 am    

Bill,from what you have said it would seem that Peavey have chosen to ignore their customer’s complaints about damage to control panel,this would have been such an easy fix, and 112 owners will have to still buy an after market knob guard to protect the knobs on the panel.Disapointing to say the least.

Malcolm McMaster

Beith Ayrshire Scotland
Post  Posted 11 May 2018 4:33 am    

Sorry double post.

Last edited by Malcolm McMaster on 11 May 2018 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 11 May 2018 4:39 am    

I don't think it was a matter of ignoring complaints.
Actually I don't know how many people have actually CALLED Peavey and complained about this. And I don't mean just mentioning it on the forum.

Other manufacturers use the same design. ie, Music Man

I think it is just a matter of being careful.

I broke one knob off a Nashville 1000. That taught me how to carry an amp. Never broke another one and never used a knob guard.
Just a good cover and common sense.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Malcolm McMaster

Beith Ayrshire Scotland
Post  Posted 11 May 2018 6:10 am    

Much as I have a great deal of respect for you Bill, I have got to disagree with you on that one, Peavey were well aware of the problem, I seem to remember Mike Brown saying that that the new 112 would have straight edge to solve the problem, I agree with you it is a fine amp in all other aspects, but if I bought another I would definitely have to fit a knob guard.

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 12 May 2018 3:10 pm    

I used one of these for a couple of years. Really now, this stuff isn't rocket science - it's common sense.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 13 May 2018 2:25 am    

I built a new cabinet for the 112 I had. Made it straight across like the NV400. Did not present a problem reading the dials. This same cabinet appears to be used by other Peavey amps and probably why they used it instead of a separate cabinet production for the 112.

Sometimes companies "never learn".

Steve Spitz

New Orleans, LA, USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2018 2:53 pm    

I built a knob guard from 1/2” angled aluminum. Home Depot for a couple bucks. Sprayed flat black, and slipped the ends under the metal corners, using the screws that held the corners to secure my cheap knob guard.

I’m not at all handy, but that was easy.