The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  C6th Copedant Input Please
Marty Broussard

Broussard, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 4 May 2018 11:26 am    

Hi Folks,
I have the C changes on the right knee. Looking at adding the A changes on the left like Buddy's Copedant.

I currently have the opposite of P6 on P4 because I need it for a particular song, Jeff Newman omitted the standard P4 on his Universal, and I saw Buddy use P4 only once(I think) during a show at Jeff's in '81.

Do I put the traditional P4 back and add a center vertical with the reverse of pedal 6?

I really like the voicing of P4 the way it is now but I want to setup my guitar in the most practical way. If I won't miss the standard P4 change I just as soon omit it.

Thanks for the feedback.

"Technique is really the elimination of the unnecessary..it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to achieve the smooth flow of energy and intent" Yehudi Menuhin

John Poston

Albuquerque, NM, USA
Post  Posted 4 May 2018 11:43 am    

I do reverse 6 on 4 pedal as well. I do sometimes miss regular P4 and some swear by it, but I just work around it. Tough compromises with limited pedals/knees.

If you're curious to play with it though, may want to just put As to B on your LKV, since your other A lowers and raises will be right there too, and it won't throw off what you're used to.

Another option is just retune one knee lever back and forth between A to Bb raise and A to B raise and experiment around with it a lot to see if it fits your playing and musical brain. Depends on how easy/hard it is to add the lever later for you.