The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Chris Middaugh and Skyboys unreleased album 1977
tom anderson

leawood, ks., usa
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2018 10:45 am    

Back n the mid 70’s I lived in Spokane Washington and the Northwest was a hotbed of country rock. Rose and the Dirt Boys, Lance Romance and the Three Minute Boogie were two of the best coming through Spokane from Seattle and playing at the Smokeshop (later Wet Willies). The other band was the Skyboys featuring Chris on steel and guitar. I just found this clip on UTube of an unreleased album that Chris produced. It’s a great example of his steel playing with the steel being there in the mix but not buried. Enjoy it. They were a great band.
https://youtu.be/EiPg_V7GbXI

Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2018 12:32 pm    

Chris taught me how to play pedal steel guitar in New Paltz N.Y.one of my idols.
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.

scott murray

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2018 4:49 pm    

very cool. I recognize his name from the credits of a Beach Boys album, but have never seen or heard any other examples of his playing. great picker!

Joachim Kettner

Germany
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2018 9:17 pm    

And I recognize his name from this album by former Steve Miller guitar player James Curly Cooke. He's on a few tracks. On "My Favorite Country Songs" he's playing very fast.

Dave Ristrim

Whites Creek, TN
Post  Posted 11 May 2018 9:16 am    

I LOVE that Skyboys record. Reminds me of Firefall meets NRPS meets Eagles meets others. I bought my first pedal steel in 1979 and that was the style of music I listened to to learn to play it. I don't have that steel anymore, but do have the first volume pedal I ever bought.