The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Parts for old ZB volume pedal
Malcolm McMaster

Beith Ayrshire Scotland
Post  Posted 26 Apr 2018 2:18 pm    

Looking for the plastic/nylon gear that fits on to the shaft of the volume pot, have the rack part, but willing to buy that as well if they come as pair. Also looking for the spring that holds them in place .
MSA Millenium SD10, GK MB200, Sica 12inch cab, Joyo American Sound Pedal/ Jay Ganz Straight Ahead amp, Telonics 15inch in Peavey cab, Digitech RP150, Peterson tuner.Hilton volume pedal.Scott Dixon seat and guitar flight case.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 26 Apr 2018 4:19 pm    

I'm wondering if you could use one of these. This is a gear off the new Dunlop 470K volume pots. Might be someone near you that's replaced a pot and since the gear isn't used on many pedals, might be one lying around.

The metric dimensions are listed on the paper. The center hole is standard pot shaft sized, except it's D shaped, but that could be drilled out.

I don't know if it would fit the old ZB rack and gear ratio etc. or how the gear is held on the shaft.

I think I still have a rack and gear from my old MSA Red Baron integral pedal but again, I don't know if it fits, if I can find it, nor what's involved getting parts from US to Scotland.
Another photo in this file. Arrow Picture file

Michael Maddex

Northern New Mexico, USA
Post  Posted 26 Apr 2018 6:37 pm    

Antique Electronic Supply has a couple of different gears as well as the rack. They are not expensive so it might be worth a try.

https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/gear-wah-potentiometer
https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/gear-dunlop-wah
https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/rack-dunlop-wahs

They have a lot more Pedal Parts so you might want to put a little time into surfing their website.
HTH. Good Luck with the Pedal Restoration! Cool

Malcolm McMaster

Beith Ayrshire Scotland
Post  Posted 26 Apr 2018 11:23 pm    

Thanks Jerry, I f you had one I would get you to post it to Sue Haslam in Chicago, she would get it over to me. Michael, thanks will check out that website..Regards Malcolm
MSA Millenium SD10, GK MB200, Sica 12inch cab, Joyo American Sound Pedal/ Jay Ganz Straight Ahead amp, Telonics 15inch in Peavey cab, Digitech RP150, Peterson tuner.Hilton volume pedal.Scott Dixon seat and guitar flight case.

Malcolm McMaster

Beith Ayrshire Scotland
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2018 4:26 am    

Thanks guys, think I may have located one.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2018 6:06 am    

Malcolm, I did locate the MSA cog. It's app. 14mm dia., a bit larger than the black one and it has a set screw. I'll post a pic soon as my battery charges.

Let me know if your other lead doesn't work out. I'm still hunting for the rack part.

Good luck! JO.

Last edited by Jerry Overstreet on 27 Apr 2018 6:40 am; edited 2 times in total

Malcolm McMaster

Beith Ayrshire Scotland
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2018 6:19 am    

Thanks Jerry.