The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Quilter MicroBlock Fingertip Control
Flip Brown

Vermont, USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2018 3:43 pm    

Greetings, fellow steelers - I thought you might like to see this little setup that is serving me well for practicing in my home studio. I attached a mini music holder that I used to use for 3x5" "cheater cards" (before I moved everything to the iPad) to the right rear leg of my Sierra Artist. Then, I Velcro-ed a 44 watt Quilter MicroBlock to it. As you can see in the photo, I am running the line in from my volume pedal and effects board into the Quilter with three 90 degree adapters on the right, the speaker line goes out and down on the left, and at the top the power cord, 1/8" aux in (from the iPad), and a headphone out. In addition, I added a piece of "hooks" Velcro on the top, and it securely holds my thumb and finger picks. On the bottom I put three rubber bumpers that keep my tone bar in place. From my seat I can adjust Gain, Tone ("Tri-Q"), and Master controls. The Quilter has enough power for the acoustic Americana band I play with, but I switch to a 300 watt GenzBenz Shuttle 3.0 head for gigs with my 60s rock 'n' roll band, and so I don't use this setup in that situation. I appreciate being part of the forum - my only challenge is there is so much good stuff I have to tear myself away to practice!

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2018 1:50 pm    

Very slick, Flip!

George Seymour

Notown, Vermont, USA
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2018 11:51 pm    

Anywhere near Burlington?

David Gertschen

Phoenix, Arizona
Post  Posted 1 May 2018 10:34 am    

That's a very nice setup you have Flip!
I have been looking into getting a Micro Block myself.
Just concerned that there would not be enough clean headroom for steel use, as it looks like it is designed more for six string players seeking a dirty tone.